surf zombies

Share your photos with other surfers here or discuss photography, technique and equipment.

Re: surf zombies

Postby swiggy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:56 pm

This isn't really a proper surf zombie, but its me on the hike down to a semi-secret spot this winter. Its a pretty epic photo I thought and worth sharing anyway..

hiketospotb.jpg
hiketospotb.jpg (193.3 KiB) Viewed 761 times
swiggy

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:38 am

^^ Looks sharky , I mean beary :shock: looks like a stumblefuck through those woods though - hopefully there was gold the other side
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Chris F » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Looks Blair fucking witchy!
Chris F

Postby swiggy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:54 pm

In all my time here I've really only come across bears a handful of times while walking, they tend to hear you coming miles away and clear off, they are wild here and really scared of us unlike many places in california etc. where bears have got used to people and see them as having food. Only black bears on the island, no grizzlies which are a different story. I have never carried bear spray, even being a day from civilization in some really wild places. Theres never been a fatal bear attack on the island as far as I know. Tbh I get more concerned about cougars and wolves, cougars in particular are a bigger threat, but again they are scared of adults. They only tend to go for kids and most adults could fight one off with a stick or surfboard.. The wildlife is nowhere near as dangerous as the roads :dontknow:

And the surf this day was pretty crap :lol: I got lost in these woods once by myself, surfed til dark because it was pumping, then trying to stay on the trail in the pitch black woods was impossible. I ended up going in circles completely lost until I ended up back at the beach :? Then decided to follow a river which I knew would go up to the coast road, but I didn't know whether it was possible to follow past a waterfall.. Without a headtorch I would have cut my losses and waited for morning on the beach. Was pretty scary totally solo, kept seeing eyes reflecting my light, no idea what animals were there but the forests here have so much life in them, especially at night :shock:
swiggy

Postby Chris F » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:33 am

I would have shat myself to be honest. There was a bear wandering around the middle of Squamish town in broad daylight when we were there climbing. Were warned off going to do one route too because there was fresh bear poo round the bottom of it and one had been sighted. Our lass didn't fancy the idea of a bear appearing while she was belaying me halfway up a climb. To be fair, the idea didn't fill me with joy either.
Chris F

Postby Poo Stance » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Reminds me of this story in Surfings Greatest Misadventures (not the whole story sorry, but you get the drift).

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=mZ6b ... ge&f=false

Good book for the shitter like. Good book..
Poo Stance

Postby Ferral » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:40 am

Epic Stuff Swiggy, I'm jealous, even the it about getting lost in the woods!
Ferral

Postby danny1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:31 am

oh man i would have been papping myself...properly crying...i hate being last one out in the dark...and when you gotta walk thru a wood too...id be terified...im scared now

hows this- best zombie pic ever??

http://hwimages.magicseaweed.com/photoLab/83285.jpg
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby swiggy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:58 am

Chris, yeah but there are grizzlies on the mainland, they are a whole different story, I'd be pretty uncomfortable too. You'd have to be real unlucky to get attacked by a black bear, I've walked past them on a beach before and they either ignore you or run away, I've never had one move towards me, and I've always been surprised by how small they are when you see them in person (although they are solid muscle and could still tear you in half). I think most of the problems are when they start to associate humans with food, in a strange way you are at a lot more risk in the touristy/populated areas, even if it doesn't feel like it.

Haha nice pic danny!

Being out in water as its getting dark doesn't bother me, but being lost in woods by yourself at night is pretty bad, especially when the forest goes on and on and on forever (the island has half a million people or so, and is pretty much the size of england, most of it is dense forest and wilderness)

Poo stance, page unavailable to view..
swiggy

Postby The Decorator » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:18 am

swiggy wrote: Was pretty scary totally solo, kept seeing eyes reflecting my light, no idea what animals were there but the forests here have so much life in them, especially at night :shock:

Fuck me, I would have been brickin' it!!!

Anyway here's one for the gallery with the bonus of our very own shackattack scratching his zombie arse.

www.mugofsunshine.blogspot.com
The Decorator

Postby Poo Stance » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Poo Stance

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:15 am

Croyde Zombies ............... must eaaatttt barrels

Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Black » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:43 pm