updated with Two new pics 7/3/05

Share your photos with other surfers here or discuss photography, technique and equipment.

updated with Two new pics 7/3/05

Postby surfguru » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:05 pm

Anybody surf on the isle of Anglesey or would like to see some pics.
If so post up and will post some of the great swell back in October 04 from the old guru site.
Last edited by surfguru on Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
surfguru

Postby frameline » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:43 am

Ha, I lived and surfed in anglesey for about 2 years, some nice spots if you knew where to look, (I liked the holy place when it was on)..Love to see some pics...
frameline

updated 2nd march

Postby surfguru » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:42 am

Sorry for delay.
Well first of all what would the north wales crew give to get waves this big at hells at present nevermind Anglesey.
But in what as to be the worst winter i can recall in North Wales back in Oct there was some cracking swells coming up from the south west.
So what most of you may but these were anglesey and its rare its offshore and this big believe me.
Heres a few pics and lets hope the isle gets waves lke this again soon

Not many in and a day i will remember well.
surfguru

Postby noah's_arc » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:04 pm

So how big was it then? Nothing to give it any scale...

Looks about 2'+ but may be wildly off???
noah's_arc

Postby surfguru » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:27 pm

noah's_arc wrote:So how big was it then? Nothing to give it any scale...

yes shame no one in but made for a nice quite surf it was pretty big for the isle though and my only visit there in the last 12months.
surfguru

Postby mealy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:29 pm

surfguru wrote:
noah's_arc wrote:So how big was it then? Nothing to give it any scale...

yes shame no one in but made for a nice quite surf it was pretty big for the isle though and my only visit there in the last 12months.

So how big was it? My guess is 1-2'..
mealy

Postby frameline » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:39 pm

Looks like a fun shoulder high wave... :D :D
frameline

Postby surfguru » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:14 pm

Have a look at pics i put up of cayton with same camara of people riding the waves that will give you some idea.
If thats what you call 1/2ft thats fair enough.
surfguru

Postby mealy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:37 pm

Wheres the pictures of Cayton?
Its like someone else said, the photos above havnt got any scale and looks just like my local when its 1-2'. A nice little longboard wave. 8)
mealy

Re: updated 2nd march

Postby noah's_arc » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:56 am

surfguru wrote:were anglesey and its rare its offshore and this big believe me.

Had a look at the Cayton pictures, and I'll revise my original 2'+ guess - as mealy says, it looks about shoulder high. Good, fun little waves but certainly nothing spectacular. I used to live on Anglesey and it isn't that rare to have shoulder high waves and clean conditions!! Still, I guess I used to be able to make the most of it, unlike those unfortunate souls who had to travel from Manchester and used to miss all the good mid-week sessions...
noah's_arc

Postby surfguru » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:22 am

noah's_arc wrote:
surfguru wrote:were anglesey and its rare its offshore and this big believe me.

Had a look at the Cayton pictures, and I'll revise my original 2'+ guess - as mealy says, it looks about shoulder high. Good, fun little waves but certainly nothing spectacular. I used to live on Anglesey and it isn't that rare to have shoulder high waves and clean conditions!! Still, I guess I used to be able to make the most of it, unlike those unfortunate souls who had to travel from Manchester and used to miss all the good mid-week sessions...

Was talking last 12months.

People who travel from inland have a choice of different coasts/spots ie from Manchester they can head to The North east coast or North Wales and if they can get time off work ,they can get every bit as good a surf as any person based on the coast with plenty of choice to go at although they miss the dawnies but thats about it.
Also with so many charts about it no longer becomes nessasary to live near the coast making for better paid jobs in the city whilst still getting good surfs.

I think thats a debate for a different section of this board though and dont want to upset Ben with a full on in this photo section.
So to finish here is a picture of South Bay Scarborough from last november.

And Here North wales in Jan

Proving you can travel and have nice waves.
surfguru

Postby noah's_arc » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:52 am

surfguru wrote:
I think thats a debate for a different section of this board though and dont want to upset Ben with a full on in this photo section.

I agree and I dissagree (totally) - if you get my meaning (i.e. - I agree this isn't the place, but totally disagree that travelling surfers can get as good waves). I'll start a new topic under the Surfing Index.
noah's_arc

Return to Surf Photography