Pictures from this winter..

Share your photos with other surfers here or discuss photography, technique and equipment.

Pictures from this winter..

Postby mealy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:47 pm

A few pictures here from when we used to have surf... Remember those days?! :P

This first shots is from a south Cornwall secret spot in December. Rider - Rob Watson
Image

This was taken at Fistral at the start of Febuary. Rider - Unknown
Image

Taken at another South Cornwall secret spot. Rider - Dean Sampson
Image
User avatar
mealy
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:22 pm
Location: Kernow

Postby malpractice » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:59 pm

I think the middle one could be Ben Skinner, hes sponsored by Reef/Oxbow. 15th in the world last year http://64.78.63.45/ratings/ratings.asp?rRat=longwct&rNav=Longboard&rYear=2004&rTitulo=
User avatar
malpractice
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:45 am

Postby mealy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:03 pm

malpractice wrote:I think the middle one could be Ben Skinner, hes sponsored by Reef/Oxbow. 15th in the world last year http://64.78.63.45/ratings/ratings.asp?rRat=longwct&rNav=Longboard&rYear=2004&rTitulo=

Cheers MP
Always wondered who he was, seen him quite a few times when ive gone to Fistral. Nice to put a name to the face. :wink:
User avatar
mealy
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:22 pm
Location: Kernow

Postby ratty » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:03 pm

Nice photo of Dean there, I thought he was up in Barnstaple these days?
ratty
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Postby southcoastbeliever » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:09 pm

Thought i would get involved with trying to cheer people up...(or making the flat spell harder to endure :? )A coupe of shots from a very special place to remind everyone that we do get surf and even in this modern era it is possible to get empty breaks!

Image

Image

Hope the pics work...havent had much luck with em lately!!!!

Edit: The pics are from this time last year
southcoastbeliever
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Brizzle

Postby mealy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:09 pm

ratty wrote:Nice photo of Dean there, I thought he was up in Barnstaple these days?

Yeah Dean is still at Barnstable but pops down now and then.

Southcoastbeliever - OK I'II be the first to ask WHERE THE HELL IS THAT!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D
User avatar
mealy
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:22 pm
Location: Kernow

Postby southcoastbeliever » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:39 pm

if i told you i might have to kill you!!! Guesses are welcome though...i have heaps more pics like those but id have to host them somehwere!
Is an awesome wave though...spitting barrells and shallow reef!!
southcoastbeliever
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Brizzle

Postby ratty » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:40 pm

Is there an island just round to the right of that place?
ratty
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Postby mealy » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:28 pm

In the first picture, why is that bloke just watching?? :shock:
User avatar
mealy
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:22 pm
Location: Kernow

Postby southcoastbeliever » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:12 am

hahaha...because he is on a geography feild trip and so he has none of his gear and he is probably contemplating suicide as another wave hugs the reef and spits onto the shoulder with no one out!!!!
southcoastbeliever
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Brizzle

Postby smelly skater » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:59 am

:D no way i know dean havent seen him in a while though .....probably cause the surf has been s##t :lol: could someone pm me where that spot is please ..looks like smelly heaven :wink: Image
:roll: small day
smelly skater
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:04 am

Postby southcoastbeliever » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:05 pm

WOWZERS!!!! Is that England???
southcoastbeliever
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Brizzle

Postby Grizzly » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:19 pm

Cheezus! Is that where I think it is?
Gorau dial, dangos cwm a'i ffadau.
http://singlefin.blogspot.com
User avatar
Grizzly
 
Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: Aberystwyth

Postby smelly skater » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:31 pm

:D yes it is bit too much wind that day though ....wouldnt like to say how big :o :o
smelly skater
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:04 am

Postby mealy » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:54 pm

Smelly - Small world eh!

Sweet picture, i dont know where it is but do many people surf it? Give it another 10 years and spots like that will have Jet skis and towins all over the place. :(
User avatar
mealy
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:22 pm
Location: Kernow

Postby smelly skater » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:04 pm

:) yeah a few people surf it mealy its a long paddle and the peak really shifts about but looks pretty amazing in that pic doesnt it :wink: i need a boat :D
smelly skater
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:04 am

Postby malpractice » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:51 pm

I've talked with a few people about this break. Its too far to paddle and there are problems with the current. You need a boat and possibly skis. Its also very sensitive to swell size/direction, tide and so on.

Looks awesome from the shore though.
User avatar
malpractice
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:45 am

Postby smelly skater » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:33 pm

:D yeah the paddle has always put me off... if you can get a boat malpractice im on it :wink: seen it breaking loads when on the point its pretty amazing and a good set indicater :wink:
smelly skater
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:04 am

Postby malpractice » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:25 am

I saw the point barreling its knackers off when I was surfing saunton on the the hurricane alex swell. I swear they looked like stand up barrels. They probably wernt as everyone I have talked to whos surfed the point when its working says its not hollow enough.

What a day that was 8ft+ clean waves. Saunton almost got hollow!!! Without a doubt I was the most tired I have ever been in my life that night.

When it gets like that I love looking at that break and you can just see a bump in the ocean during the sets its amazing.
User avatar
malpractice
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:45 am

Postby mouse » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:36 am

smelly skater wrote::D yeah the paddle has always put me off... if you can get a boat malpractice im on it :wink: seen it breaking loads when on the point its pretty amazing and a good set indicater :wink:


have you ever felt the weight of malpractice's board? weighs a tonne, and the speed he can get it out at is uncanny.

I have 2 hypothesise:

1. someone parts the waves for him
2. there are small stealth motors in the bottom of his board, which drop down in heavier
surf, allowing him to power out through heavy breakers

:roll:
mouse
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:59 am
Location: muriwai

Postby mealy » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:34 pm

mouse wrote:
smelly skater wrote::D yeah the paddle has always put me off... if you can get a boat malpractice im on it :wink: seen it breaking loads when on the point its pretty amazing and a good set indicater :wink:


have you ever felt the weight of malpractice's board? weighs a tonne, and the speed he can get it out at is uncanny.

I have 2 hypothesise:

1. someone parts the waves for him
2. there are small stealth motors in the bottom of his board, which drop down in heavier
surf, allowing him to power out through heavy breakers

:roll:

Nope, never felt the weight of MP's board! :)

And do you reckon the speed thing has got something to do with -
3. Practice... :idea:
User avatar
mealy
 
Posts: 1357
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:22 pm
Location: Kernow

Postby thedeadly » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:49 pm

and the speed he can get it out at is uncanny.


oi mouse - its called momentum and length :lol:
Never buy a stupid dwarf - Its not big and its not clever
User avatar
thedeadly
 
Posts: 10765
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: ! No Signal !

Postby malpractice » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:15 pm

Plenty of length and girth. hehe
User avatar
malpractice
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:45 am

Postby mouse » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:49 pm

mealy wrote:3. Practice... :idea:


nah, that's WAY too boring!

the deadly wrote:oi mouse - its called momentum and length


oi deadly- don't be so rude

malpractice wrote:Plenty of length and girth. hehe


:shock:
mouse
 
Posts: 1117
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:59 am
Location: muriwai

Postby smelly skater » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:40 am

southcoastbeliever wrote:Thought i would get involved with trying to cheer people up...(or making the flat spell harder to endure :? )A coupe of shots from a very special place to remind everyone that we do get surf and even in this modern era it is possible to get empty breaks!

Image

Image

Hope the pics work...havent had much luck with em lately!!!!

Edit: The pics are from this time last year


:roll: please pm me where this break is please :wink:
smelly skater
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:04 am


Return to Surf Photography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests