Hells Mouth 19/03/05

Share your photos with other surfers here or discuss photography, technique and equipment.

Hells Mouth 19/03/05

Postby surfguru » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:33 pm

Pictures from Sat 19/03/05 at Hells Mouth North Wales.
2/3ft with set waves head high with odd ones overhead at certain parts of beach on the dropping tide.
Weather 20 degrees sunny warm perfect wonderful day.

pics 1230

pics 1630

mist coming in towards late afternoon

stoked. :D :D
For Forecasts and Pictures for Surfing in North East England and Wales Go to

http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=4644
surfguru

Postby swordie » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:14 am

I was there around 2pm. Neap tides tend to cloud the issue, but I was'nt at all impressed by the bank formation, especially in the middle where 100 yd sections seemed to be the rule. We need a couple more storms to move the banks around.

Things looked better towards the corner, there seemed to be 2-3 peaks begining to form up. Corner and reef was'nt really doing it's thing.

However to the west, down by bunkers, there appears to be a new bank and every now and again a perfect right hander was winding off. Not consistent though.

as usual most peps ploughed in at the middle, got crap quality, got in each others way and had to play with a dozen or so kayaks.
I excell at not giving a shit

http://lostcoast.blogspot.com/
swordie

Postby surfguru » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:52 am

swordie wrote:I was there around 2pm. Neap tides tend to cloud the issue, but I was'nt at all impressed by the bank formation, especially in the middle where 100 yd sections seemed to be the rule. We need a couple more storms to move the banks around.

Things looked better towards the corner, there seemed to be 2-3 peaks begining to form up. Corner and reef was'nt really doing it's thing.

However to the west, down by bunkers, there appears to be a new bank and every now and again a perfect right hander was winding off. Not consistent though.

as usual most peps ploughed in at the middle, got crap quality, got in each others way and had to play with a dozen or so kayaks.

I made use of a very good left to the right of the reef and left of the pole around high there was about 5 or 6 other bodyboarders also in at this spot because it had the required steep take off
there were alot using the right between the pole and the middle a better wave for a longboard.
When the tide dropped back the corner worked better very small tides so once you found a bank you were laughing,just a point dont no how good it was close up but from long distance there looked to be a small nice looking a frame way to the right of the middle with no one on it.
What a day though for mid March and even got the first sun tan of the season.
For Forecasts and Pictures for Surfing in North East England and Wales Go to

http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=4644
surfguru

Postby olly3 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:28 pm

looks superb. Thats what surfing is all about in my eyes
olly3

Postby alec » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:42 pm

Was good, had a couple of really nice rides on the mal off that right. We were in from 11.30-5.00 ish (with a butty break). Really nice period from 3.30 of some great lefts breaking off a bank south of "the middle". Top day :D
Nice pics BTW 8)
alec

Postby swordie » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:56 am

Yes 'that right' towards Rhiw is a goodun, when it works, but is so dependent on bank development

There wer a couple of guys down there with shorties......... they must have really suffered.
I excell at not giving a shit

http://lostcoast.blogspot.com/
swordie

Postby PapaWoolacombe » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:25 pm

Glad you guys got in on the sat...

I scored a tasty punchy 4-5ft with occasional bigger sets at my home proving grounds of Combesgate, Woolacombe. Yum!

And a little bit of sun reddend nose :oops:
With 73% of the planet under water perhaps Earth should be re-named Ocean
PapaWoolacombe

Postby purpleandy » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:51 am

top pics SG !
was in with alec - one of the better days i've had there - especially at the break after lunch. some corking longboard lefts........
the top two photos sum up surfing for me at the mo, as that was the glorious sight that greeted my sorry hungover carcass as i dragged it over the hill after 3 hrs sat in the car !! worth every bloody minute!!
CAMWA founding member - the campaign for warm ale. Bloody kiwis stick everything in the fridge........cold ale is just plain wrong.....
purpleandy

Return to Surf Photography