For Sale - SPL Water Housing and ports for Canon 40d & 60d

Share your photos with other surfers here or discuss photography, technique and equipment.

For Sale - SPL Water Housing and ports for Canon 40d & 60d

Postby aninternalaffair » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi All,

I am selling my SPL water housing which I bought from Dan Payne (dip_y2k) via this forum in March this year - http://community.magicseaweed.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=33425. I was lucky enough to strike up a deal with the UK importer of Aquatech shortly afterwards and picked up another housing for my 7d, hence I probably only used this a dozen times. I have now sold the 40d so have absolutely no use for it at the minute.

The housing is in excellent condition and has been well maintained throughout - all O rings and seals are in full working order, and teh ports are not scratched or damaged. Unfortunately the pistol grip let me down soon after purchase and a new one was purchased direct from SPL in Cali. The new pistol grip is the updated model which features the metal shutter release - a vast improvement over the old version. That cost me $300 plus shipping and I have not inflated the price to reflect this.

What you get:

The housing obviously
One domed port to accommodate a Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye. May fit other lens but I have not tried as the Tokina was my weapon of choice.
One non SPL port to accommodate a Canon L series 70-200mm f4. This port was not used by Dan and has not been used by me, though I really wanted to, just never got around to it. Please note that there is no zoom control with this port.
Side handle in addition to pistol grip.
Cover for dome port.

I understand that the housing will also fit a 30d and 50d but am not 100%. It definitely fits a 40d and 60d.

The attached photo is an old one (I'm sat at work writing this and don't have the housing to hand) and does not show the new pistol grip.

Selling for £700. A bargain with the new grip and less than I paid. Would much prefer collection (I am in Truro, Cornwall but maybe able to deliver in West Cornwall). Courier ok if buyer arranges costs and accepts that it is not returnable.

Please get in touch through the forum or hello@alexcallister.com for more info.
Attachments
6824084990_2a61085a38_o.jpg
6824084990_2a61085a38_o.jpg (122.91 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
aninternalaffair

Re: For Sale - SPL Water Housing and ports for Canon 40d & 6

Postby Adam_L » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Hey Buddy, just wondering if this housing is still for sale?
Cheers
Adam_L

Postby mattmariob » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi adam, I was wondering if this is still for sale? Also do you reckon it would fit a 600d canon well enough, I live locally so could meet up to test the waters on this matter maybe, Im getting a new tokina lens anyways so that area is covered, im just wondering if I can fit the smaller camera modle in this housing. Might be upgrading to a 60d anyway so will see.
mattmariob

Postby aninternalaffair » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Sorry chaps, this housing sold a while back. Cheers, Alex
aninternalaffair

Return to Surf Photography