Thinking of a few boards, advice?

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Thinking of a few boards, advice?

Postby narratones » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:35 am

Hi All,

So, I've been with a 7ft and 8ft Tiki Minimal and the girlfriend wants to get involved. I thought I'd give her the 7ft and buy myself a shiny new one! But there's a few issues...

I'm looking for a fish or a minimal (If I like it), and as I'm on the South Coast and East Coast, it's mainly mush - so something with enough volume for small days, but good enough so I can take it on holiday. I dont really want to spend above £400 for one, so it took me down the second hand route. I was very happy with Tiki, and was going to go down the NSP route as well. But, I've seen a few on eBay that I just wanted an opinion on.

Hot Surf 69 - Minimal 7ft (Epoxy) - I saw this on eBay from a Cornish surf shop. Can anyone give any opinions on these boards, I can't really find anything online. The shop were very fast to get back to me also.

ABC Fish plus 7ft - Another on eBay, but I think it's part of the alder marquee?

Any boards you guys recommend? Or shall I just get a Tiki?
narratones

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design