Slow burn

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Slow burn

Postby tynemouthmatt » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:40 am

Given how dead this place is of late a very slow build thread probably won't be lost on fray.

A mere 1000km away from the nearest coastline, but difficult to kick the habit.

Postage for 'proper' materials here (Canada) is ludicrous, place if fricken' huge! So building with what I can easily obtain.

Plan is a glassless build, xps core, timber skins ans rails.

Going for a bog standard everyday thruster. 5'10" x 20" x 2 3/4". Not my usual fare but i'm interested in the construction method & how it surfs, so this one is heading back to Tynemouth get under the feet of a few mates. Was hoping to bring it back this November, but that's not happenning, so it will be next May. A nice winter peoject when it's stupid cold outside.

Blank just squeezes into a 8'x2'x2" sheet of dow styrofoam. Although one section is formed of 3 parts...i'll stick this in the middle.

IMG_2626.JPG
IMG_2626.JPG (58.9 KiB) Viewed 163 times

Will pick up some vacuum supplies when i'm back in the UK and my throughbag connector. Picked up a diaphragm vac pump over here so no more nasty oil mist.
tynemouthmatt

Re: Slow burn

Postby spongerboycorn » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 am

Good effort prof. Be interesting to see how it holds up. Keep us all updated on the progress of this one.
spongerboycorn

Postby spongerboycorn » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:36 am

Good effort prof. Be interesting to see how it holds up. Keep us all updated on the progress of this one.
spongerboycorn

Postby spongerboycorn » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:37 am

spongerboycorn

Postby WeAreMemories » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:39 am

Always good to see another build thread, this one sounds like it should be interesting to follow 8)
WeAreMemories

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design