WRV bangarang

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

WRV bangarang

Postby Francis1986 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Hey guys! I need opinions on this one. I bought a board last week which is the Bangarang 6'4", 19,5" and 2,625 thick.
I'm going to sri lanka then indonesia for a few months. I always wanted to surf a single fin since i love my single longboard so much. The possibility to switch to quad or 2+1 was conforting too..
Lanka waves a pretty mellow, almost longboardy-ish and indo is indo.
Theyre was a 6'6 and 6'8" do you think i should of bbught it a bit bigger, i think its still possible to exchange..
the only thing that i saw after is that 19,5 is pretty narrow , no?
Toughts
:) thx!!
Francis1986

Re: WRV bangarang

Postby insideout » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:44 pm

You need to provide more specific information before anyone can help you.

You haven't told us how heavy you are, what your physical ability is, your level of surfing, what boards you rode before you bought this etc....

If you're questioning whether or not the board is too small then it probably is, in that style of board its not going to make a huge difference if you go a few inches bigger.

I recently picked a 5'6 up instead of a 5'4 that i'd usually go for and i'm glad for that little bit extra foam and I don't notice the difference when its under my feet.
insideout

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design