hollow wooden surfboard workshop

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

hollow wooden surfboard workshop

Postby itspaul » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:44 am

hi everyone,

i will hold another hollow wooden surfboard workshop.

Date will be at the end of march, 30.03.-01.04. The location will be the Bridge Boathouse in Richmond near London. http://www.richmondbridgeboathouses.co.uk/
We calculate the price as £250+£35/foot and that includes tuition and all the material you need to construct the shape of your choice. (Plywood stringer+Frames, Paulownia, Cedar, Glues, Epoxy)
After the three days of workshop you'll have a board that only needs final sanding and laminating.

have a look here for well tested shapes: http://treetosea.org/richs-template-shop/ or here for pictures from past workshops: arbosurfboards.blogspot.com

if you want to secure a place i need a deposit of £50 and at least two weeks prior to the workshop you have to let me know what board you want to build so i can prepare material.

for questions or to sign up get in touch.

paul
arbosurfboards.blogspot.com
itspaul

Re: hollow wooden surfboard workshop

Postby Chai Wallah » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Paul

Do you have any other workshops planned in the UK / London? too late notice to join but sounds like something good to do in the future

Cheers
Chai Wallah

Postby mal-nourished » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:45 pm

take it you wont be splashing out near on half a million for one then mark.. :lol: pauls workshop looks a good set up for those a bit daunted about taking on building one off there own back.. :wink:
mal-nourished

Postby itspaul » Wed May 01, 2013 7:35 pm

had another london workshop last weekend... see some pictures here: arbosurfboards.blogspot.com
next uk date will be the 7/8/9june in bristol.
if you don't want to attend a workshop but need building material to have a go by yourself with the help of the internet (treetosea forum) get in touch. i always have bead and cove strips, skin planks in paulownia and western red cedar and can prepare plywood templates. if you want to use entropy resin for laminating get in touch to get a discount ...
paul
itspaul

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design