Fin Question

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Fin Question

Postby flacky » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:27 pm

http://store.finsunlimited.com/vflex90.html

I have this in my 6'10 Hull. The site recommends it for experienced surfers, as it has a lot of flex. I has nowhere near as much flex as my Liddle Flex. So, here;s the Q... Is the V for volan? There's fuck all info on the site, and I've emailed them... If it is for volan, and I sanded the gloss finish off it, would it liven things up a bit?
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Re: Fin Question

Postby flacky » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 am

Email back from them, not volan, won't do anything by taking the gloss off...
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby mister-griffster » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm

YEah, that's a Tudor take on a Skip Frye fin. You looking for stiffer or softer flex chap? (than the GL)
mister-griffster

Postby flacky » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:24 am

I don't think you could get anything as flexy as the GL tbh... It's like a whip... Something similar. I prefer the shape of the V Flex. And as I'm riding mostly beaches, I figure the extra length and slightly less rake will be better. Seems to work so far, Not tried the GL in it yet.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby mister-griffster » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:08 pm

The GL is a great fin for sure. In a log i've found the A-flex to be a great fin, a bit stiffer and more area but hits the spot perfectly. I know seasofcheese is in the process of foiling some volan finnage - may be worth tapping him up :wink:
mister-griffster

Postby flacky » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:26 pm

mister-griffster wrote:The GL is a great fin for sure. In a log i've found the A-flex to be a great fin, a bit stiffer and more area but hits the spot perfectly. I know seasofcheese is in the process of foiling some volan finnage - may be worth tapping him up :wink:

It's already been discussed mucka... Hopefully will be discussed further over copious amounts of ale in the future.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby mister-griffster » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Grand stuff - the best way :lol:
mister-griffster

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design