Carlos Burles new gun

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Carlos Burles new gun

Postby gtigger » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm

http://glasstigersurfboards.blogspot.co.uk/

About this time last year, I was contacted by Finisterre to build a board for one of their team riders.
Carlos Burle was the natural choice as he is 2 x big wave world champion and as well as being a great ambassador for generally pushing the boundaries of big wave surfing, he is also really involved in environmental issues and probably the most lightly candidate for trying out one of my guns on the most testing of platforms Oahu's north shore.
I build the board in my workshop this summer and Finisterre kindly shipped it out for me in early December, and no sooner than santa could of delivered it him self it was in the capable hands of a grinning Mr Burle.
Today he sent me a pic of him getting shacked at Sunset, which filled me with pride, and I was as stoked as you could possibly be unless I actually got to be there myself.
Pics and comments are at the link on my blogspot above.

Thanks Mark
gtigger

Re: Carlos Burles new gun

Postby Black » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:36 pm

That's effing epic you must be super stoked. :salute:
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby Roy Stuart » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:06 am

That's a great picture. It's nice to see some substantial width in the board. Did I read correctly that Carlos will be riding the board in the Eddie if it's on?
www.roystuart.biz
Roy Stuart

Postby gtigger » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:19 am

Cheers for the comments guys! Yes super super stoked!
As for the Eddie, its of course Carlo's call what he rides, of course I hope he rides the wooden gun, that would be fantastic, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Unfortunately its not running on the last swell that peaked yesterday as the swell was 20' as it was a bit random, as it needs a solid 20-25' just for the event to go ahead.
Fingers crossed for good swells soon.
Mark:)
gtigger

Postby dermo909 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:59 am

Wow those are beautiful boards.

It must be nice to seeyou boards being used in real waves. Like seeing your children do well!
dermo909

Postby VillageIdiot » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:31 pm

Congratulations Mark. Way to go.
www.squirrelbrandjoinery.com
VillageIdiot

Postby Kirk3 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:47 pm

Congratulations, that's an amazing looking board and Carlos seems to know what to do with it! As Roy points out, it seems have some heft to it rather than the usual needle-y gun look- I imagine it really gets going when it gets going. The North Pacific has been frisky this season, so I think there's a good chance you'll see the Eddie happen.
surf nonsense: http://waveslide.blogspot.com
Kirk3

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design