Adrian Phillips, Fluid Juice - mini interview

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Adrian Phillips, Fluid Juice - mini interview

Postby gnarlycharley » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:17 pm

There's a short interview with top shaper and all around nice guy, Adrian Phillips of Fluid Juice, here if you're interested... http://kernowkalling.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... rview.html
gnarlycharley

Re: Adrian Phillips, Fluid Juice - mini interview

Postby g_baby » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Congratulation, gnarlycharley - a really nice read!

The whole blog is really inspiring!
And to sum things up, Adrian really is a top-notch all round nice bloke!

Thanks for sharing the interview.
---
Surf's Out There Somewhere.
g_baby

Postby skimmer2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:18 pm

"never been short of work for last thirty years"

Says it all really. Both boards he has shaped for me are superb - the longboard he shaped me is my all time fav - does EXACTLY what he promised.
skimmer2

Postby danny1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:56 pm

I took a fluid juice quad into a shaper in fuerteventurer- at the little village between cortillo and correlejo.

I had snapped the nose and fins off my fluid juice at spew pits being an over confident idiot

gave the guy the board and he started feeling it up like shapers do..weighing the board, touching the rails and looking down the stringer and all that shit i dont really under stand

when i picked it up the next day (!!) he was gushing about the board and how he hadn't seen one as well built for a long time

my go to board for the last few years- got barrelled the first wave i ever rode on it which is rare for me
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby skimmer2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Think what I also like about the chap is that on both occassions that I've bought from him he has steered me onto two slightly diff shapes which were not quite what I was originally going for. Just by chatting through he got me onto other templates that work great for me. Both boards are immaculate in finish too....got a good team down there. And a nice bloke too to talk to....practical and not full of pish and wind trying to sell sell sell....no hassle. Only thing is getting hold of him can be tricky :lol:
skimmer2

Postby waxer00 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:45 pm

always buy from a busy craftsman
waxer00

Postby royal » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Adrian's a top notch guy, and a stoked individual. Can't say enough good things about the guy really - as well as Burt and the rest of the crew out there.

Always stoked to be able to work along side those guys when I come over.

Great to see him get a little press, and well deserved!
learn the rules, so you can break them properly

rob lion
Royal
royal

Postby AMP Surfboards » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Really nice to see credit where it's due. Along with Chris Jones,Nigel semmens,chops and keith beddoes.These are the guys that i looked up to when i started out. I had the pleaseure of meeting a few of them and they're all decent guys happy to pass on advice tips etc. To see them all still doing well is testament to their skills.
I hope i'm still going in 20 yrs also.
AMP Surfboards

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design