Thoughts on Sweet Potato???

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Thoughts on Sweet Potato???

Postby still learning » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:00 pm

Just after what people thoughts are on the sweet potato who have one, or have surfed on one??

Hopefully when the wind drops going to demo one for the day but that might be some time...!!!!

On a slow learning curve with surfing and hope to be surfing short boards in the future, however for sloppy/slow days I get out on a longboard which I do enjoy but looking for that bit of speed and more manouverabilty that looks like you get from the SP, matched with its easy wave catching ability. You Tube vids show all this but can safely say those on you tube a far more advanced than me!!! Gonna play it safe and go for a 5'10 or 6'.
I currently ride a custom 6'4" (36ltr) with very little rocker for average surf and a 9' longboard on weak/slow days. My fighting weight been 85kg.......

What do you reckon???
still learning

Re: Thoughts on Sweet Potato???

Postby buttholesurfer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:22 am

buttholesurfer

Postby still learning » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:23 am

Cheers for the link............note to self: in future must look harder!!1
still learning

Postby buttholesurfer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:04 pm

5'10-6' have a massive about of volume. Your better of with a 5'8, they are meant to be ridden short. Just get your back foot over the tail and you'll be fine. Try and get an FST build as they are stronger.
buttholesurfer

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design