Maybe a stupid question but will ask

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Maybe a stupid question but will ask

Postby timboellis » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:24 pm

Managed to get a nsp 7,6 board , went out today me and my son but first off struggled as never put any wax on it and kept sliding off :oops:

But when we were on it struggled to get anywhere like we did when we were getting a lesson last week.

So would it be worth getting a foam board as well or persevere on the board we got.

Or it could be that when we were out the surf was not quite right anyway , this is the next thing i need to learn.

I was looking at something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foamie-Mini-M ... 3ccefd0f2c

?
Suggestions?
timboellis

Re: Maybe a stupid question but will ask

Postby Philshoz » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Suggestion?............never admit to forgetting to wax up. :oops:

Rookie error, we'll forget that one.
http://philshorrock.blogspot.fr/
Philshoz

Postby flacky » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:12 pm

Having lessons in a group and being on your own, two completely different scenarios. Have more lessons if you don't have friends you can go with. Never be afraid to ask a surfer for advice, most will get a boner at the thought of being treated like a pro for a few minutes, and most are pretty friendly and will get enough stoke from seeing you get up as they will from a good ride themself.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby gavtheoldskater » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:15 pm

.never admit to forgetting to wax up

at least he did'nt put wax on the bottom for speed! and yes, i have seen it done!!

So would it be worth getting a foam board

not all foam boards are equal, an 8ft swell which most schools use (at least they do down here) would be like a supertanker to the one you link to.

welcome to surfing though, frustrating is'nt it!
a world of waves and a world of ways to ride them!
gavtheoldskater

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design