Pukas Surfboards

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Pukas Surfboards

Postby lredlampz » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 pm

hey guys, what do you know about Pukas Surfboards? I am thinking of buying myself a board, but I'm not sure between The Game, The Pseudo-Mix, and possibly La Lola.
lredlampz

Re: Pukas Surfboards

Postby usedtobe69 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:23 pm

i hear their boards (pukas) ride good but are renowned for less than great glassing.
usedtobe69

Postby biolton » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:25 pm

usedtobe69 wrote:i hear their boards (pukas) ride good but are renowned for less than great glassing.

Same glassing as european Al Merricks, and a few other big names...

I'm currently surfing a The Game 5'11 around 27 litres... I'm in North Devon and always happy to swap boards for a surf....
biolton

Postby wigsy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:59 pm

wigsy

Postby Logan5 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 am

I have bought 3 lost boards made by them. As long as you buy a board made in the off season the manufacturing quality is as good as you can get in Europe imo. They use S-Glass so the boards are very strong for a 4+4/4 PU/PE glass job. You can recognize most of their board by the little red black hexcel silmar lam on the rail near the tail. Like here: http://store.magicseaweed.com/Lost-V2-S ... tem/21895/

In summer they are of course very busy and there is talk that the hired staff in summer is not as good as their core staff. I've seen lost boards in shops that were done in summer that were nowhere near the quality of the boards i got.
Logan5

Postby lredlampz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:53 am

biolton wrote:
usedtobe69 wrote:i hear their boards (pukas) ride good but are renowned for less than great glassing.

I'm currently surfing a The Game 5'11 around 27 litres... I'm in North Devon and always happy to swap boards for a surf....

And how tall are you??
I live in Europe and surf in northern Spain and France and I've heard they're great for our kind I waves. I've also been told to get a La Lola a Pseudo Mix or The Game
lredlampz

Postby biolton » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 am

lredlampz wrote:
biolton wrote:

And how tall are you??
I live in Europe and surf in northern Spain and France and I've heard they're great for our kind I waves. I've also been told to get a La Lola a Pseudo Mix or The Game

I'm around 1'77 and 73 kg, the board will be on the big side once i loose the winter rubber but in 5/4 boots gloves and hood at the moment....

Could have gone 5'10... but it's good as is...

The Game reminds me of a Merrick outline with a Lost deck flatness, rails and vee out the tail...
biolton

Postby GazzaStrippa » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:45 pm

I bought a G-Spot from http://www.downthelinesurf.co.uk in August and it's been a brilliant all-rounder so far. Glassing seems solid.
GazzaStrippa

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design