Surftech Tail Repair Help Required

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Surftech Tail Repair Help Required

Postby Chrisc161076 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:42 pm

I've cracked the tail on my surftech takayama scorpion l've tried repairing it a couple of times with the usual stuff and others, epoxy solaresin, two pack epoxy and as desperation tried alradiate and superglue.

Each attempt ends up as shown in the photo after a session, it does let water in. Before each repair l dry thoroughly. If you’re not familiar with the board it is quite thin on the tail, the rail saver on the leash is set correctly.

Any suggestion or tips would be great.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0502x.jpg
IMG_0502x.jpg (18.04 KiB) Viewed 123 times
Chrisc161076

Re: Surftech Tail Repair Help Required

Postby oldguysrip » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:18 pm

If you have tried a couple of times unsuccessfully, the cheapest option at this point may be your local ding repair guy. As a ding repairer getting that board in I would be worried about how much water is in the foam, I would put a vacuum pump on for a while to see what comes out. next step would be to repair with epoxy saturated glass, High Density PVC foam and covered with Epoxy saturated glass, then colour hotcoat and sand & shine.
oldguysrip

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design