I'm after a bit of advice about my first board if someone could spare 5 mins. I've spent a lot of time looking and am posting with a specific question after some research.
Here's the key facts;
- I surf about 10 days a year
- Still class myself as a beginner although I can get up and get a decentish ride on a friends Cortez 8'4 board I've been borrowing
- I mainly surf Saunton/Putsborough area and it's often fairly small and messy
- I'm 6'1 and weigh 85kgs
I'm after something I can progress on, but am not too fussed about achieving much more than some nice long rides. I just want to get up regularly and enjoy it in most conditions.
I'm thinking of a Circle One board and looking at either the 8'2 or the 8'6, my key questions are;
- Are these a decent boards for my requirements?
- Is the 2.5 inch thickness enough volume on the 8'2?
- Will I struggle with a roundpin tail in smaller surf?
- Which might suit me best? I was erring toward the 8'6 due to width and volume, but having read some stuff on round pin tails I'm not sure it'll be the best choice for the fairly tame surf I'll be going in.
- Any alternative suggestions in this price bracket?
Any help/advice massively appreciated!