2 board quiver?

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

2 board quiver?

Postby gav 99 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:00 pm

help ....i have i 9'4 custard point noserider, single fin, which i find great sufing in clean conditions up to about 4ft...but when its bigger powerfull or messier i struggle with take off 80% of the time either nosediving or loosing it and falling off the back?. would i be better with a more progressive shape longboard? or keep this and extend to 2 board quiver !! and get something like a big 8'+ mal with loadsa foam and a round pin tail ?. ive been surfing about 2 years .i surf probably 3 times a month up in scarbro ..im 6'2 and weigh around 16.7st and fairly fit and athletic..
gav 99

Re: 2 board quiver?

Postby philo » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:18 pm

just cut it in half, that will sort the issues hopefully.
philo

Postby slipslide » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:38 am

Egg
slipslide

Postby flacky » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Mate has one. I've had similar. First off, it's not the ultimate noserider, I always found the rails way too big. It's a limiting shape. So yes, either go for a all rounder, or get something else. I don't buy into the shorter board for bigger conditions. I tend to go the other way, I prefer a longer heavier board underfoot, feels more reassuring. Personal, I'm in a minority there. If I can't get out in said conditions, I shouldn't be there.

I had a very good noserider shape, and have had a all rounder. And to be honest, I could still hang em over the end on both as well as the other, if anything the all rounder was easier to position.

9'1 x 22 x 2.75. Rounded pin, 2+1 fins. Lovely!
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby gav 99 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:34 pm

thanks for the replys..i could cut it in half and make some side bites out of my sandwich box lid...ha ha ..dunno about egg.. 9'4 is the shortest board ive been on .....i need to have a go on a few different boards i think now i've mastered the basics....i do love the longboard and dont mind the extra paddling to get out back on more challenging days, i like to cruise but i would like do some wing wang surfing as well.!!!lol.. although i have never had a go on any other board ? ,, i could sell some of the kids toys and the rabbit and go see a local shaper !
gav 99

Postby flacky » Sun May 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Speak to Mark Juggins. Local, cool, not overpriced (under infact) and sound. Will not bullshit you at all.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby gav 99 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:44 pm

cheers flacky I would like to chat to a local shaper ,and get a loverly log that suits me...send me his contact details please
gav 99

Postby flacky » Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 pm

gav 99 wrote:cheers flacky I would like to chat to a local shaper ,and get a loverly log that suits me...send me his contact details please

Facebook him, or lowbrow surf. His shaping and glassing is top drawer. Seriously.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design