LokBox Screw Problems....

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

LokBox Screw Problems....

Postby Leven » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:04 pm

How on earth do you get the screw out when it's stuck fast? Tried WD40 etc, and it won't move an inch. Give me FCS any day!
Leven

Re: LokBox Screw Problems....

Postby buttholesurfer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Get a flat headed screw driver the same width as the screw slot. Place in slot and gently tap the head and try turning at the same time, don't be shy with giving it a good knock now and again, takes time but it should loosen it up. As said you need a good screw driver to fit the slot for it to work.
buttholesurfer

Postby hentex » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Yeh the perfect screw driver is key, with a nice long staff and thick handle. Then litrally give it to your plumber mate and it's done in 1 second
hentex

Postby roberdy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:36 am

Once you have freed that bugger up, slick it up with some vaseline before you screw it back in again, keeps them easy in, easy out for ages. Yes I was talking about lokbox fins! I have LB's on my two most used boards, and four sets of fins that gets used in rotation pretty much so I always take them out of the board each time I use them. Biggest issue I get is the metal tab not coming up the screw as I unscrew it, meaning I have to unscrew it completely to get it out but it is not such a big hassle really.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design