Board recommendations please

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Board recommendations please

Postby Domo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi - my first post on MSW! I look forward to spending many hours on here!

I'm 39 and I stopped surfing about 6 years ago. Back then I was riding a 6' 1" thruster. I've decided to come out of retirement, but on retrieving my board from the garden shed it's quite evident it hasn't survived, lots of damage.

I think this is a good thing - I need something far less demanding now. Something that's buoyant but not so buoyant I can't dive under waves with it. Also needs to be reasonably nimble.

I'm 5' 6" and weight @ 12 stone (76 KG). I surf in Cornwall, favourite place is Widemouth but enjoy all the regular haunts too.

Budget is £400 (£450 at a push). Would prefer to spend less obviously. Would prefer to buy new.

So that's me! All suggestions welcome! :)
Domo

Re: Board recommendations please

Postby JayP » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:05 pm

When down Widemouth pop in Zuma jays - talk to Nigel then buy one of these -
http://www.zumajay.co.uk/black-and-whit ... d-Dialler/

I got one off Paul a few years back and its still one of my favourite boards.
JayP

Postby prjwebb » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:32 am

Go and talk to Bro Diplock in Wadebridge. He'll get you on the right board and you'll be blown away by the quality of the boards he and Paul are building.
prjwebb

Postby topher » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:03 am

Hi mate im selling a 6'1" x 19 3/4 ..round tail with five fin boxes ..by luke hart in eps epoxy ...great all rounder ..same a a fourth doofer ...good volume , good forgiving board ...im after £350 , comes with tail pad and at least five fins ...I can post any were in uk ..give me a shout if ya want pics or more info ..07568397393 ..im in north devon :-D
topher

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design