is it worth it to repair this board?

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

is it worth it to repair this board?

Postby akiy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:58 am

so I am new to surfing and tying to pick up a board on cheap i am . would this board be worth patching http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLar ... ageIndex=1
akiy

Re: is it worth it to repair this board?

Postby Philchapman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:53 am

If you are new to surfing then it's not the right shape for you anyway.
(Unless you are very young/light/gifted).

Then it will be a lot of work to fix.
Philchapman

Postby still learning » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:13 pm

I've been surfing very regularly for over a year now and in the past 5 months I'd like to think I've really improved and am now at the point of trying to re-entry and do a cutback that actually resembles a cut back and not someone having a shite!!! .......and I would not be able to catch a wave let alone surf any of those boards you've posted......don't do what I did and waste months and money getting the wrong board.

Obviously I am not sure how far you are on with your surfing but if your relatively new then I am guessing 2-3 months??? If you've got a board now that you can catch green waves on and go down the line straight then stick with it until you are overly confident with it. When its small or slow I still take a foamy out, it's nothing to be ashamed of. As long as you're confident with it in the line up no one gives a shit and you'll have shit loads of fun whilst perfecting your pop-up, better that than good surfers hanging on your inside knowing hes going to take the waves you can't paddle for or catch on a board way to advanced.

I am far from a knowledgable surfer, but if I was you, if you live near any? Go to the local hire shops and have a play around on different boards a relatively in-expensive way of trying something to suit your level.

If you're better than me then just ignore all the above......and feel free to drop in on me shouting "gobshite", ha ha, enjoy.
still learning

Postby Philshoz » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:21 am

NO.................and the third one is dead.

If you are just getting into it you must not by a short board.

Look for something with a bit of float, minimal, big guy thruster etc

Good luck.
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design