Alder heritage vs blackboard glider???

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Alder heritage vs blackboard glider???

Postby Weh » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:30 am

Hi all.
After a bit of advice. I'm looking at buying my first board as I'm fed up of renting everytime I went to get in. I've been looking and can't decide between a blackboard glider 8' from the place in st erth or an alder heritage from down the line in hayle. What are your thoughts?

Cheers
will
Weh

Re: Alder heritage vs blackboard glider???

Postby flacky » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:00 pm

What's your budget, and why have you singled out those two? 8' is a good starting size IMO. Big enough to catch a lot but not so big it's a chore to handle.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby coxie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:06 am

The £360 asking price could get you a really well made second hand board instead of a poorly made new one.
Go the second hand route bud, the blanks and glassing on these cheap package deals isn't great.
coxie

Postby toastkid » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:09 pm

I have a blackboard glider.
It's good, but from being a novice has taken me 18 months to get to grips with it, but now it really does glide.

I suppose it's down to how long you want to take to learn and how often you get in.

Go and see the black brothers, in hayle at tombstone in st Erth. Take what they say with a pinch of salt, but the glider is a good board.... Says me...but I'm no expert.
toastkid

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design