Noah Ka oi

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Noah Ka oi

Postby anthony.d » Wed May 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Hello,
Does anyone have any experience of a Tak Noah Ka Oi?
anthony.d

Re: Noah Ka oi

Postby seenit » Sat May 13, 2017 8:52 pm

Yeah man I have a 10' one. Great board. What would you like to know?
seenit

Postby anthony.d » Sun May 14, 2017 6:38 am

Is it a good board for slow 2 to 3 ft waves. The tail is very narrow and I'm a bit concerned it's too HP. Is it a good wave catcher? They say it's got lots of rocker, it looks pretty flat to me?
Many thanks,
Ant
anthony.d

Postby cproctor » Mon May 15, 2017 2:01 pm

I had a surftech 9'0 years ago that I rode to death . Worked in small waves (although was a chore to catch fatter , slower waves as I remember ) to as big as I dared . Wouldn't say it was a flat rockered board from memory .

Overall I really liked it , it was the first longboard I owned and I'm certainly no expert on epoxy / performance boards (it's the only one of either I've owned ) but that material seemed to suit that type of board .

I bought it off Elliot Dudley and it's the one he's surfing in "state of play" DVD which will show you what the board can really do far better than I ever could in either words or demonstration !

Hope that helps
cproctor

Postby anthony.d » Mon May 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Thanks. I've had a few. The finish, feel etc. has much to be desired, its just the weight for such a big board that is appealing. I know lots of people like heavy longboards, not me. I really want to know if this HP shape is suited to British (reefs etc, and certain areas - please do not take offence anyone) slower waves.
anthony.d

Postby seenit » Mon May 15, 2017 7:43 pm

So I would say that it likes to be thrown around and primarily surfed off the tail, although it is a performance noserider I'm not sure it is the easiest board to noserider well. I've surfed it in tiny slow waves on the south coast and had fun but it really seems to get going when then there is a bit more shape and punch. As long as it's not a fully top to bottom wave it also loves bigger surf. As it happens I may also be selling mine so feel free to pm your email address and I'll send some pics
seenit

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design