Binter airlines with surfboard?

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

Binter airlines with surfboard?

Postby Renna » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:33 am

Anyone traveled between the canary islands with binter canarias? Im flying from tenerife to fuerteventura with a board but not sure about their special luggage policy. Tried calling them but can't get through.. Sorry if i posted this twice..
Thanks!
Renna

Re: Binter airlines with surfboard?

Postby starsurfcamps » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Usually no problem as long as you dont exceed you weight limit of 20kg but I last flew with them last year so this may not be entirely up to date. Tried looking on their site for you but it seems vague at best. Personally I would turn up early and be prepared to pay if needs be but keep your fingers crossed. Enjoy your trip good waves coming in a few days!
http://www.starsurfcamps.com
starsurfcamps

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:55 pm

Hey. I'm flying tomorrow with them from Lanza to GC.

Deal as far as the info I have is as follows.

Hand luggage = 6kg
Check luggage = 20kg (unless you have Binter Mas/Binter Gold/Binter Silver - in which case 30kg)

But, if you are bringing sports equipment they give you an extra 5kg on top of stated checked in luggage. This is free, but their terms also state it is subject to availability of space in the hold.

I was told by their call centre to call per-flight to reserve a space for the surfboard and to let them know I was bringing one. The number to call is (0034) 902 391 392

There is a weird line on the end saying:

"Taking into account their properties, which normally prevent their transport on luggage belts, the use of a system that facilitates the carrying of this equipment from the check in area to the aircraft is left to the judgement of the company's staff. The passenger will be responsible for the costs arising from this item"

Which seems a bit vague. So, best smiles it is then, coupled with poor Spanish and puppy dog eyes.

Good luck. Hope that helps. The info is on the website I seem to recall.
Poo Stance

Postby Poo Stance » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Ok. Arrived on GC today. Board was 26kg and hand luggage 12kg. I was nice. Attempted Spanish. And the lady waved me through. Feliz dias :)
Poo Stance

Return to Surf Travel