Boat Charter

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

Boat Charter

Postby fozzioto » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:01 pm

hey everyone, I am planning a surf trip with a a few mates I am not sure how many yet. I just wanted some info on where is a good place to go on a surf charter? uncrowded waves, nice barrells... Does anyone know the minimum amount of people is allowed on a surf charter? What prices? what are some good sites to book through? any info would be great
fozzioto

Re: Boat Charter

Postby errantsurf » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:52 am

Ok here is some help;

Maldives (April - November)

To rent out an entire boat you'll need at least 6 people (or its going to be £££), budget for about £100 per day, depending on the size of the boat. If you have less people or you want to go on your owna it is possible to join a surf charter, for example the Ocean Explorer, which is about £85 per day all in. Arrive any day and stay as long as you want. There are additional costs involved if you want to go south, towards the central atolls or south atols. Typically a one off relocation fee is charged, which split between 10 surfers is normally an extra £150.

Pros - Amazing surf, free diving, fishing

Canary Islands (September - March)

It is possible to charter a boat for 4 surfers around the Canary Islands, away from the main surfing islands of Lanzarote, Fuerteventura etc. Budget for about £80 per day all inclusive. Smaller boats than the Maldives but that only means less surfers.

There are also charters in Indonesia and the British Virgin Islands.
Errant Surf

Surfing Holidays - ATOL Bonded flights - Surf Charter Boats - Surf Schools
(+44) 020 8133 6438 | www.errantsurf.com |
errantsurf

Return to Surf Travel