portugal surf trip

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

portugal surf trip

Postby peteredmond » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:59 am

hi there im looking at a surf trip to portugal this coming nov/dec and would like any advice on where to go. i am an average surfer who prefers right points ( i come from south africa so j-bay ) but any good waves will do. i would like to surf uncrowded spots and be able to rent a small house/cottage/shack for cheap. small fishing village type of place off the beaten track is the sort of thing im looking for any advice or help would be appreciated. thanks.
peteredmond

Re: portugal surf trip

Postby errantsurf » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 am

Hi Peter,

Nov/dec you will be wanting to head to the South West coast of Portugal. Loads of options for getting out there and finding good surf. Cheap flights down to Faro as well. Give us a shout if you need any more info.

Cheers
Errant Surf

Surfing Holidays - ATOL Bonded flights - Surf Charter Boats - Surf Schools
(+44) 020 8133 6438 | www.errantsurf.com |
errantsurf

Re: portugal surf trip

Postby fmbs » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:35 am

Hello Peter.

I'm an experienced surfer from Portugal. I would recommend Ericeira, Peniche or the "Costa Vicentina"/SW Coast for your trip. We get plenty of swell in November/December and you have a whole variety of surf spots. SW Coast is the least crowded during that time, but it doesn't have the flawless conditions as Supertubos (Peniche) or Coxos (Ericeira), for example. I work in a surf travel agency so let me know if you need any further information.

Best regards,

Francisco
fmbs

Return to Surf Travel