Cheap Mid jan-feb road trip to morocco/portugal anyone?

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

Cheap Mid jan-feb road trip to morocco/portugal anyone?

Postby Rorym » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Does anyone want to go to morocco and or portugal on a road trip for a couple of months? On a budget? Flexible on dates aslong as the trip is about 2 months to make the drive worthwhile. Plus i've got to be back for another trip in mid march.

I've got a 1l corsa. Its pretty fuel efficient. Coped well driving to spain a couple of times with 3 people one time and 4 another trip. I would be planning to camp most nights to save money on accommodation. But we would eat well, loads of bbq's. Plus i've got a decent camping stove.
Rorym

Re: Cheap Mid jan-feb road trip to morocco/portugal anyone?

Postby Philshoz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Rorym wrote:Does anyone want to go to morocco and or portugal on a road trip for a couple of months?

I've got a 1l corsa. .

As my wife said to me in 1979 when I offered to take her to Hell's Mouth from Abersoch (a journey of 2 or 3 miles)........."Will it make it?"....................Jeez......... :shock: :shock:
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby Rorym » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:48 am

Its a beast! I've had it for one and a half years and ive done about 15000 of mainly surfing miles in it. Including two trips from calais to santander with quite a lot of stuff /people in it.

It runs well and is well looked after. Im sure with me and one or two other people, lightweight camping stuff and a few boards it will be fine!! 60-65mph on the way down! Failing that we hitchhike down or back but i think we would be very unlucky for it to come to that!
Rorym

Postby starsurfcamps » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Hello mate, I have a few boards I need bringing back from Morocco, keen to trade accommodation for a week or so to bring it back for me? Its a 7ft 10 single fin and the fin is glassed in so not the easiest to fly with. Also a 5'4 quad. Have a great trip, if you are keen drop me a PM. Cheers
http://www.starsurfcamps.com
starsurfcamps

Return to Surf Travel