Surf Trip - Pacific Coastline From LA to Peru

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

Surf Trip - Pacific Coastline From LA to Peru

Postby Southcoastsurfer80 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:33 am

Has anyone ever completed a surf treck from of Pacific coastline of the America's? From say Huntington to somewhere near Peru?
I know you cant just jump in a car in drive (in saying that i bet you could do a lot of mexico), but i was wondering if anyone has made the journey?

Or if you have surfed parts of that coastline, what were your favourite breaks? Where did you stay? What was your mode of transport?

If you were going to make the journey, where would you stop and what time of year would you go?

I was thinking that i would like to fly into LA and then slowly work my way down that pacific coast of Mexico. Then Maybe fly(?) to Nicaragua, onto Costa Rica then Columbia, Ecuador and Peru?

I'd love to hear from anyone who has had some experiance in these places.....Or who is an experianced Surf Traveler (I'd really like to know as much as possible about the entire journey).
Southcoastsurfer80

Re: Surf Trip - Pacific Coastline From LA to Peru

Postby MaryLawrence » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:16 pm

It seems to be very adventurous..I guess it is really important to get prior training in surfing in order to avoid any kind of danger.
MaryLawrence

Postby Leven » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:14 am

You could drive it, Pan Am highway. Or just use the buses through Cnetral and South America, it's good fun!
Leven

Postby danny1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:24 am

Read search for captain zero
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Return to Surf Travel