Portugal end of June?

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

Portugal end of June?

Postby dougyt » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi there,

Trying to organise a surf trip to Portugal for end of June, start of July. Gonna be flying sleazyjet & trying to decide on a surf camp or doing it independent? Has anyone got any good experience of Portuguese board hire or taking own boards with easy jet? Any info or experiences would be great.

Cheers. Dougy
dougyt

Re: Portugal end of June?

Postby TRoche2412 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:09 pm

dougyt wrote:Hi there,

Trying to organise a surf trip to Portugal for end of June, start of July. Gonna be flying sleazyjet & trying to decide on a surf camp or doing it independent? Has anyone got any good experience of Portuguese board hire or taking own boards with easy jet? Any info or experiences would be great.

Cheers. Dougy

Well boy.

I was down there around that time last year and it wasn't bad at all. I was in Peniche for 2 weeks,weather was nice and waves in the bay were about waist to shoulder everyday but there's plenty of spots up north if you go looking. Supertubos was top notch on any sort of west swell. Got pretty hollow and punchy. Not that busy either. Stayed in Peniche Surf Camp which was a good laugh but renting a house with mates for all of June. I'll be down that way until June 24th if you're about. Just fly into Lisbon and rent a car and drive up to Ericeira or Peniche. Take boards though because renting is expensive enough. Loads of good second hand boards to buy in 58 Surf Shop in Peniche.
TRoche2412

Return to Surf Travel