Board hire northern Spain

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

Board hire northern Spain

Postby jwright » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:58 pm

I'll be travelling around Spain for a bit in the summer before getting to the north so won't be able to take a board, does anyone know if board hire is available at most breaks? Never surfed there before so any other advice very gratefully received.
jwright

Re: Board hire northern Spain

Postby Leedsol » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:52 pm

There is at San Sebastian, decent range too
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol

Postby sanmartinsurf » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:37 pm

You can hire boards in all the larger cities: San Sebastian, Bilbao area (Sopelana, ...), Santander, Gijon, Coruña,...
Also in smaller towns, but distances are not long among the first ones,so it would be easier sometimes.
sanmartinsurf

Postby steveo100 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi , theses guys at somo santander, http://xpeedinsurfshop.com/escuela.html always have loads of boards to rent and they have alot of second hand ones too. Speak to Nacho he speaks good english.
Also these guys at Berria near santona http://www.watsaysurfschool.com/clases- ... -cantabria.

I reckon you'd be best off buying a second hand one myself if your there for a good length of time, but its up to you.

Check out san vicente de la barquera, cool camp site near the beach and good waves too 8) .
steveo100

Postby jwright » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:10 pm

Many thanks for all the advice it's much appreciated
jwright

Return to Surf Travel