Central America Aug/Sept

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

Central America Aug/Sept

Postby FishnSkiJim » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:58 pm

Hello all,
Me and 3 friends are plann ing a trip to Central America in late August or earlier September. We were planning on cheap lodging like a hostel or something. We, the same group of friends are intermediate surfers, all been surfing around 2- 3 years each. So looking for an intetermediate spot with a sandy beach break. The same group did Tamarindo in Costa Rica last year and had a last, but looking for a new spot in Central America. Any suggestions, please?
Thanks in advance.
FishnSkiJim

Re: Central America Aug/Sept

Postby Leven » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:37 am

Leven

Postby Supafly » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:11 pm

I've always had fun in mainland Mexico and there are plenty of sandy beach breaks, but oooooh, some excellent point breaks as well. Do a lot of research and it will pay off, but that may be a little advanced for what you guys want. Did Panama, but would go back to Costa Rica before Panama. Speaking of which, I would even consider another trip to Costa Rica. Did you venture far from Tamarindo? I've been about 7 times and only stay in Tamarindo for a day or two. Go to Playa de Cocco, stay with Jim at Rancho Armadillo and he'll hook you up with a boat to Witches Rock and Ollies. Also go down to Nosara and Mal Pais. Easy waves there, plenty of beach break and lots of fun.
That Rabbit stole the Space Modulator.
Supafly

Postby lexxel » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Indeed there are some nice surfing towns in Costa Rica, but remember that the wet season is spot on during our summer. I like Nosara, Dominical and places like that. If you are a better surfer, I would check out Nicaragua as well.
View my travel blog/website on www.surfhostel.net
lexxel

Return to Surf Travel