Tenerifeeee

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

Tenerifeeee

Postby skimmer2 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:06 pm

Any decent hire shops for SUPs/boards in Playa de las Americas? Recommendations welcome.
skimmer2

Re: Tenerifeeee

Postby gillyk118 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:34 am

hey mate, there are loads of hire shops on the sea front near the main breaks. If you find burger king (lol) there are loads of surf shops where you can hire decent quality boards for about 10euro for a day, I believe most of them also hire paddle boards but unless its tiny which rarely occurs the breaks will be busy and with the waves breaking close to the reef I'd much rather be on a surfboard. I went over easter for 2 weeks on a windsurfing holiday in el medano but ended up surfing pretty much every day due to poor wind and I can't wait to go back!!! Lots of nice waves and warm water. Dreamy. :-D
gillyk118

Postby skimmer2 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:55 am

gillyk118 wrote:hey mate, there are loads of hire shops on the sea front near the main breaks. If you find burger king (lol) there are loads of surf shops where you can hire decent quality boards for about 10euro for a day, I believe most of them also hire paddle boards but unless its tiny which rarely occurs the breaks will be busy and with the waves breaking close to the reef I'd much rather be on a surfboard. I went over easter for 2 weeks on a windsurfing holiday in el medano but ended up surfing pretty much every day due to poor wind and I can't wait to go back!!! Lots of nice waves and warm water. Dreamy. :-D

Cheers for that....will suss it ....and look for Burger King :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
skimmer2

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:27 pm

^^ True - streets that run up the hill from BK are loaded with shops you can hire boards.
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby t'otherone » Wed May 01, 2013 5:12 pm

Just got back from there myself.....don't take the msw forecast as too accurate ....it was saying 1* and 1ft most of the time I was out there but there were some cracking waves to be had.

Here's some piccies from last week https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByXZuva3Z_IFUE1ya3Z5UDdFX3c&usp=sharing

When your facing burger king front, go up the road on the left....I think they had the best selection of boards to hire. If you cant get one there, get up early & hire for the day....the decent ones go fast. I took my own this time after my last trip in December when they only had nsp & foamies left by the time I dragged my ass outta bed.

Oh & will PM
I dont know how it works but I like it all the same!
t'otherone

Return to Surf Travel