Andulcia spain accomadation?

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

Andulcia spain accomadation?

Postby benjamin007 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:44 am

Anyone know of some accomadation in the area? Looking at El Palmer and ideally a small house/chalet with private pool, has to be suitable for the missus and nipper....

Lots of places online but almost too many so any recommendations would be cool

Cheers
benjamin007

Re: Andulcia spain accomadation?

Postby johnjohn » Tue May 07, 2013 3:29 pm

I used this lot a few years ago for similar: http://www.casadelaluz.com/de/index.htm . The fact they still exist inspires some confidence.

All straightforward as I recall. We stayed in Conil which was fine - beach holiday resort popular with Spanish families - but no good for surfing when I was there - miles of walking past usual shitty market, then endless bloody beach to v distant sea with slack waves. I mainly drove to El Palmar as the well known point, the name of which escapes me, never worked.

If I was going back I'd probably head for Vijera de la Frontera which is inland but we liked the vibe and chances are you'll drive to check the spots anyway.
johnjohn

Postby benjamin007 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:30 pm

Cool cheers for that.

I will drive to most spots so not to fussed if its a drive away I'm more after a villa with pool, somewhere quite, is there any restaurants, shops etc in el palmer because I have found some places there that suit what im after and that's probaly where I'll surf too
benjamin007

Postby surfrat » Thu May 09, 2013 11:14 am

el palmar has nothing much really there, one good bar one restaurant and if u lucky thumping waves.
better to stay in conil or in vejer. probably vejer cos it's a classic "white" moorish town on a hillside with amazing views. not sure you'll get a pool and villa up there but it's sooo nice to chill in of an evening. then it s a 10 min drive to canos or to el palmar for the surf.

conil is nice too, fontanilla beach there can be fun and quieter than el palmar often
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Postby benjamin007 » Sat May 11, 2013 6:49 am

Found a good villa in vejer with a pool for £500 so I'm going to book that, doesn't look far from the beaches so I can head off first thing for some waves before the missus and nipper get up :P
benjamin007

Postby surfrat » Mon May 13, 2013 7:23 am

nice one.
check out the reefs and beaches around Cabo Trafalgar too. There's a good wedgey beachy next to the lighthouse thats good if swell is small or banks rubbish at Palmar
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Postby benjamin007 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:03 pm

Sounds good, we're half way between vejer and cabo Trafalgar so should be a good spot, as I understand its all just a short drive to the breaks
benjamin007

Return to Surf Travel