Contact lens

Any questions about learning to surf, or general questions about equipment, technique or improving your surfing.

Contact lens

Postby syzygy Ben » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:57 pm

The first time out in the waves I wore glasses, and much to the surprise of the guy who hired me the board I even came back wearing them, since that kook moment then I’ve been using daily disposables, lost a few the odd time and they’re a bit of a bitch to put in with sand over me fingers, but they seem grand.

Any body else have thoughts on contact lens’s?
syzygy Ben

Re: Contact lens

Postby Chris F » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:10 pm

I used to use Baush and Lomb ones and lost them quite often.

Switched to the comfort ones from specsavers and never lost one. Take them out as soon as you get out the water and rinse them in saline if you intend to use them again the same day.
Chris F

Postby Zeroman_IR » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:57 pm

Use the Acuvue Dailys myself. Only once ever had one get washed out...I opened my eyes underwater to see why it was taking so long to come back up after a hold down :oops: Put them in before I leave the house myself, part of my routine pre surf. Asked my optician about them as I was aware that wearing contacts in a swimming pool can be dangerous and was reassured that the risk is very very low in the ocean. My personal kook moment was not wearing them or my glasses for the first few weeks..."Wave? What wave? What's that roaring noise?" May as well have been blind, had to be told when to paddle for waves :-D
Zeroman_IR

Postby jp246 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Focus dailies here, had a fair bit of experience with lenses and seas. Monthlies are fine but if you lose one it's annoying, especially if you lose one twice in a week; those day and night ones are terrible as they absorb the sea water and make it nearly impossible to keep your eyes open from salty water. An opthalmic consultant I surf with wears them so can't see any danger really.
jp246

Return to Learn to Surf