Calling all Midlands surfers!

Any questions about learning to surf, or general questions about equipment, technique or improving your surfing.

Calling all Midlands surfers!

Postby Sophia_cant_surf » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:02 am

Hey I'm Sophia, I'm a scorpio vegetarian, I like long walks across the beach and white lillies....Jokes, jokes! No what I'm really after is some surfing buddies around the Birmingham and general west midlands area. I don't drive (but will be learning post haste) so am happy to share petrol costs and I've been known to bake the odd cake for surf snacks/buy a round (yes I'm totally bribing you with cakes and beer) if this is an incentive!

I taught yoga at a surf camp in Senegal for some time last year and really got into it but unfortunatly unlike bike riding if you don't do surfing regularly you become epically crap at it.
It would be really awesome to make some friends who are as obsessed about the big blue as me, my brummie mates are fab but unfortunatly don't like to get their feet wet :/

I think it would be awesome to have a little surf gang where it doesn't matter what age you are (I'm 23) or whether your male or female or that you live inland, its only about the waves!

If anyone is interested we could go for a drink and start plotting surf adventures. Let me know what you think peeps...

Peace + Love + Surfboards

P.s. I have a blog http://www.realwomenhavecurvesandsurfbo ... ogspot.com read it if you want- Or don't its all realtive!
Sophia_cant_surf

Re: Calling all Midlands surfers!

Postby petegee56 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:38 am

petegee56

Postby jsurf » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:40 pm

hey :-) i'm in the west midlands.....and don't get to surf enough!!! i'm 18 and would love to get out on the waves more often!!
firstly i was just wondering how often do you go and where abouts??
cheers
julia
jsurf

Postby Theodi » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 am

I'm also super keen to get in the water and would love to join anyone going? I'm in the midlands, don't drive yet, will gladly share petrol costs :D
Theodi

Return to Learn to Surf