This board any good?

Any questions about learning to surf, or general questions about equipment, technique or improving your surfing.

This board any good?

Postby proudmama » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Have just bought this board http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... true&rt=nc
Am a complete beginner. Female 5'2 weighing 44kg. Anyone learnt fine in a 6'5 board?
proudmama

Re: This board any good?

Postby tehraab » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:57 am

Seems a reasonable price, however I wouldn't have suggested that as a first board, although you may get away with it given your size and weight. Let us know how you get on :-)
tehraab

Postby Chris F » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:31 am

If you are happy being in the water and reasonably fit and agile you should get on OK with it. However, you might expect a few demoralising sessions before you start making progress and getting to grips with it!
Chris F

Postby proudmama » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks for answering guys :-) unfortunatly im not fit at all and havnt swam for a few years so am guna practice popping up at home before going out. The ocean doesnt take any prisoners so am a little nervous need to work on my fitness i think. Used to be very fit before having my son i even passed for the army. Now i get out of breath just walking up stairs lol. What are the soft saftey fins called? Id like to get some so i dont cut myself if i take a dodgy fall.
proudmama

Return to Learn to Surf