Webber Mini Fish? (Back to surfing after 2yrs)

Any questions about learning to surf, or general questions about equipment, technique or improving your surfing.

Webber Mini Fish? (Back to surfing after 2yrs)

Postby DanielGardiner » Tue May 07, 2013 12:35 pm

Hey,

Hope someone can help me with this.
Its been about two years since i last surfed.i was using a 6' 7 Afterburner by Webber. I could stand up and do some turns but couldn't really generate my own speed or anything, couldn't get out enough to improve really. Anyway, I sold that board when times got tough so don't have a board anymore (actually I have a 9' 6 Longboard but that's a bit of a beast to get down to the beach without a car and my friends aren't that keen to put it on their cars).

So I want to get back into surfing. Probably wont get out every week, maybe once or twice a month. I've been looking at boards, not sure what to get.
Don't want to go back to a minimal or funboard because i think i might get bored of it quite quickly.

I came a across the Webber Mini Fish. For small waves, super buoyant, easy to paddle, its fast and turns well.
Anyone got any experience with these? Is this a good board to buy for getting back into surfing from my break?

I can get a 5' 9 Mini fish from a surfshop near by. Just wanted to get some advice first.

I'm 5' 9, and about 12 Stone. Local waves are usually small and messy but sometimes super clean and roll in perfect.

Thanks
Last edited by DanielGardiner on Tue May 07, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanielGardiner

Re: Webber Mini Fish?

Postby DanielGardiner » Tue May 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Here's a link to some info about the Mini Fish.

http://webbersurfboards.wordpress.com/models/mini-fish/
DanielGardiner

Return to Learn to Surf