**** slab

Re: **** slab

Postby mal-nourished » Thu May 26, 2011 11:55 pm

i have no problem removing it if mr stuart apologizes ..simple online not privately...i mean comparing him to rod stewart is a bit wrong .. :oops:
Last edited by mal-nourished on Fri May 27, 2011 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
mal-nourished

Postby deak » Fri May 27, 2011 12:10 am

well, i'm back on the throne and this just gets better, its like watching playtime at the autism farm

i fold my my paper to wipe, but i understand some people scrunch it up...weird.
deak

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri May 27, 2011 1:33 am

Paper sucks, use a hose
Roy Stuart

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri May 27, 2011 1:35 am

Rickyroughneck wrote:
Not a very nice thing to say, not true either since the genetic portion of intelligence is determined by thousands of loci. Environmental factors count much more towards character development.

I said PARTLY determined.

You are wrong about the rocker as well
Roy Stuart

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri May 27, 2011 1:37 am

kayu wrote:
Roy Stuart wrote:
You've been making an idiot of yourself all over the net with your embarrassingly stupid pronouncements, including but not limited to the latest nonsense that this deck pattern is a good one for flexible wooden boards. You are talking about a subject you know nothing about and getting it wrong as usual.

8) ........My statement regarding the above laser cut pattern in relation to flex was made in jest , its only your lack of a sense of humour that prevented you from realising it..... :lol:............edit = above pattern used nose to tail to join wooden planks for a deck would work quite well , and be more than strong enough for the deck........I might try something similar soon, sounds interesting !....would certainly be easier and quicker than clamping !....

The jigsaw has the same problems which the buttefly tie system you've been braying on about has.

I agree that you are a jOke !

Roy Stuart

Postby kayu » Fri May 27, 2011 1:45 am

Roy Stuart wrote:

How much concave Roy ? I don't see it in this pic.....too much 'flat' up front has a tendency to catch on the inside rail and can have a dangerous pearling effect on steep take offs......a slight roll on entry will alleviate this problem.......logic
kayu

Postby kayu » Fri May 27, 2011 3:07 am

Roy Stuart wrote:
kayu wrote:
Roy Stuart wrote:
You've been making an idiot of yourself all over the net with your embarrassingly stupid pronouncements, including but not limited to the latest nonsense that this deck pattern is a good one for flexible wooden boards. You are talking about a subject you know nothing about and getting it wrong as usual.

8) ........My statement regarding the above laser cut pattern in relation to flex was made in jest , its only your lack of a sense of humour that prevented you from realising it..... :lol:............edit = above pattern used nose to tail to join wooden planks for a deck would work quite well , and be more than strong enough for the deck........I might try something similar soon, sounds interesting !....would certainly be easier and quicker than clamping !....

The jigsaw has the same problems which the buttefly tie system you've been braying on about has.

I agree that you are a jOke !

You look at a picture without seeing much.......I look at a picture and become inspired to do new things......all your new things Roy are motivated by marketing and following current trends . In an attempt to appear different , you've become a slave to common trends in internet marketing...you remind me of the guy on the horse, inviting people to come to " Marlborough country", who in reality was just flogging cigarettes.....marketing is so "tacky" sometimes....
kayu

Postby kayu » Fri May 27, 2011 3:35 am

Roy Stuart wrote:

With an uneven and irregular spread of edges glued for your panel , you run the risk of slight warping with any sharp changes in humidity occur....if you seal it a.s.a.p , you will prevent this to a certain degree......
kayu

Postby kayu » Fri May 27, 2011 5:04 am

How about this one ?....structural integrity or not IYO ?.....(the curved parallel stringers go all the way through the blank)
Attachments
cnc breakdown &maintenance 002.jpg
cnc breakdown &maintenance 002.jpg (28.52 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
kayu

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri May 27, 2011 5:48 am

Image :-

Roy Stuart

Postby kayu » Fri May 27, 2011 6:18 am

The Simmons 'half-moon' fins give a very trendy 'retro' look , but a modern high aspect fin would work better. Good to see you following industry trends to add some degree of toe-in... 8)
kayu

Postby mal-nourished » Fri May 27, 2011 6:27 am

whats up roy cant handle being proved wrong once again... :lol: :lol: :lol: -.still im sure there will be another bandwagon along shortly.....enjoy the ride.
Last edited by mal-nourished on Fri May 27, 2011 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
mal-nourished

Postby Cuttlefish » Fri May 27, 2011 6:29 am

I like how my old school keels feel. The pivot off the top is suprising especially when compared to most twin keel fish I've ridden (and I've ridden plenty). Of course my little slab is at first glance a basic shape but is actually a refined shape which happens to have belly in the nose which handles suprisingly steep drops and a concave out through to the tail.
After all Dan has surfers of Dane Reynolds skill level giving him feedback on his boards.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Cuttlefish

Postby mal-nourished » Fri May 27, 2011 6:36 am

just a reminder roy in case you have forgotten... :roll:
Attachments
conspiracy.jpg
conspiracy.jpg (18.13 KiB) Viewed 1264 times
Last edited by mal-nourished on Fri May 27, 2011 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
mal-nourished

Postby roberdy » Fri May 27, 2011 7:00 am

Jesus you lot, I concentrate on work for a couple of days and you all start throwing your fricken toys around like kids. Not referring to everyone who has thrown their few pence into this thread but I think the main protagonists know who you are.

Roy, please delete the posts refering to anyone's genetic background, Mal please do the same and remove that bloody horrible picture above, if not done by lunch today (UTC) this thread gets locked and will fall off the screen in disgrace.

I realise some of this is just banter for you but there's a line, this forum is supposed to be about reasoned debate about board design not personal slurs and shit (literally) pictures.

Yes, I am being an old bastard but I can, it's my birthday.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Rickyroughneck » Fri May 27, 2011 10:11 am

Roy Stuart wrote:
Rickyroughneck wrote:
Not a very nice thing to say, not true either since the genetic portion of intelligence is determined by thousands of loci. Environmental factors count much more towards character development.

I said PARTLY determined.

You are wrong about the rocker as well

Wow I wasn't sure you had a professorial level understanding of genetics, oh wait you don't! The laws of averages mean that the genetic portion of intelligence is very small indeed. Beyond large genetic defects and inbreeding depression, the effect of a single generation is negligible. You said "partly but not entirely", suggesting that at least a large portion of the effect was caused by genetics. Which is wrong.

About the rocker... prove me!

You need to spend less time blagging on internet forums and more time testing in the water. At the moment you are all heave with no plop.
Rickyroughneck

Postby roberdy » Fri May 27, 2011 11:29 am

Rickyroughneck wrote:Wow I wasn't sure you had a professorial level understanding of genetics, oh wait you don't! The laws of averages mean that the genetic portion of intelligence is very small indeed. Beyond large genetic defects and inbreeding depression, the effect of a single generation is negligible. You said "partly but not entirely", suggesting that at least a large portion of the effect was caused by genetics. Which is wrong.

Enough of this crap, stay on topic or take a holiday.
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby mal-nourished » Fri May 27, 2011 12:18 pm

lunchtime ....LOCK THE THREAD. 8) PLEASE..
mal-nourished

Postby munkee » Fri May 27, 2011 12:40 pm

roberdy wrote:Jesus you lot, I concentrate on work for a couple of days and you all start throwing your fricken toys around like kids. Not referring to everyone who has thrown their few pence into this thread but I think the main protagonists know who you are.

Roy, please delete the posts refering to anyone's genetic background, Mal please do the same and remove that bloody horrible picture above, if not done by lunch today (UTC) this thread gets locked and will fall off the screen in disgrace.

I realise some of this is just banter for you but there's a line, this forum is supposed to be about reasoned debate about board design not personal slurs and shit (literally) pictures.

Yes, I am being an old bastard but I can, it's my birthday.

Caught inside?
munkee

Postby mal-nourished » Fri May 27, 2011 12:42 pm

my sentiments exactly and roy has had every oppurtunity to put right and has chose not to...but has been logged on over the last hour so no excuses.. :roll:
mal-nourished

Postby roberdy » Fri May 27, 2011 1:09 pm

right, you can carry on to your hearts' content in here, just ease off the dodgy pictures eh? you have no idea how much dodgy spam it attracts!
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby mal-nourished » Fri May 27, 2011 1:50 pm

by dodgy do you mean rod or roy stewart.. :wink:
mal-nourished

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri May 27, 2011 2:34 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:CAUGHT INSIDE or your money back :-|

^^^ What he said :?
ATTMFKH

Postby roberdy » Fri May 27, 2011 2:57 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote:CAUGHT INSIDE or your money back :-|

^^^ What he said :?

wow, you are like some kind of Oracle or summat!
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby tynemouthmatt » Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Roy, is your real name Eric?
tynemouthmatt

Postby skasteppa » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:35 pm

And this thread started out so nicely :roll:
skasteppa

Postby kayu » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:38 pm

skasteppa wrote:And this thread started out so nicely :roll:

Not really , skasteppa ....the boards years old , and belongs in "show your board" , or something similar....it's a spam thread.. :lol:
kayu

Postby skasteppa » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Im talking about the deviation from topic, shame.
skasteppa

Postby kayu » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:11 pm

skasteppa wrote:Im talking about the deviation from topic, shame.

.......so am I :lol:
kayu

Postby SurfOnYourBum » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:51 pm

Roy Stuart wrote:Now regarding your comment that bottom roll increases lift, we can put it with all the other BS myths including the ridiculous 'low rocker for early wave entry' poppycock.

The bottom line is that roll in the hull reduces lift, always.

Roy are you trying to imply that this wooden laser cut pattern is anything to do with you? I know it isn't because I know where it comes from. That was used as the deck of a long board skateboard by a chap in Portugal that builds wooden skateboards, surfboards and kayaks. He sells them to make money for more wood to build more cool stuff.
SurfOnYourBum

PreviousNext

Return to Caught Inside