soft top found at Puts

soft top found at Puts

Postby the blowin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:55 pm

this avo, tell me what initials are on there, and I'll; arrange to be somewhere for collection tommorrow.
the blowin

Re: soft top found at Puts

Postby waxer00 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:56 pm

mgb gt
waxer00

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:03 pm

911 sc turbo ...................... :cough: bandwagon :-) but I thought of it before I read Waxer's post Miss :cry:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby waxer00 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:15 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:911 sc turbo ...................... :cough: bandwagon :-) but I thought of it before I read Waxer's post Miss :cry:

get with the programme.. :lol:
waxer00

Postby Vince Noir » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:30 pm

if its a storm rider it probably belongs to the pink shop
Vince Noir

Postby smelly skater » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:28 pm

:shock: :-)
Last edited by smelly skater on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
smelly skater

Postby Philshoz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:35 pm

smelly skater wrote: i know who,s board this is :-)

Don't be embarrased, you are amongst friends............. :wink:
http://philshorrock.blogspot.fr/
Philshoz

Postby the blowin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 pm

smelly skater wrote:Have sent you a message i know who,s board this is :-)

weird , yr msgl is in my email ( but cant respond to it ) , but no mail showing on here....anyway, not sure it 's your mates, as no initials on it ( was a decoy question :shock: )and a bit rough round the edges for a surf school possibly, does have other big obvious distinguishing feature on it it if we're pursuing this line though, so plse ask/get him on here or something ( all this for a battered softop ! ) .
the blowin

Postby surfdude2222 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi,

I think you have my blue (all over) storm rider 9ft soft foam board white writing, which you took whilst I was doing a lesson ( I run a surfschool). It was nearly high tide and on the shoreline by the rocks. It is my rescue board which I have to leave on the beach by law incase anyone gets into trouble. Please could you return it to Surfing Croyde Bay in Croyde nest to Salt Rock surfshop. Thank you.
surfdude2222

Postby coxie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:37 am

:lol: :lol: Thieving pikey

If it's not nailed down eh!
coxie

Postby the blowin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:26 pm

surfdude2222 wrote:Hi,

I think you have my blue (all over) storm rider 9ft soft foam board white writing, which you took whilst I was doing a lesson ( I run a surfschool). It was nearly high tide and on the shoreline by the rocks. It is my rescue board which I have to leave on the beach by law incase anyone gets into trouble. Please could you return it to Surfing Croyde Bay in Croyde nest to Salt Rock surfshop. Thank you.

(No writing on it that I saw) but, it was floating about, on it's way out to the line up or down the beach eventually i guess, saw it on my way out of the water, and then saw it again as i was getting dressed in the car park, so went and 'rescued' it ,as i thought ( there was no surf schools about,as there had been earlier ) Thought about leaving it by the cafe, but it was closed, so did what I thought was the decent thing and took it / posted on here about it . Will leave it at SCB next time I pass, despite the tone of the "which you took whilst I was doing a lesson " line, not sure when with surf as it looks like it's going to be/not back until early next week anyway.
the blowin

Postby surfdude2222 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:44 pm

That's great. Thank you. We are open 10 till 2 everyday ...
surfdude2222

Postby surfdude2222 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:47 pm

The writing probably has faded and the bottom skin has come away in places as its a rescue only use an old one depends on which one I grabbed. Dropping it back is great thanks. Open from 10 till 2 everyday till end of November
surfdude2222

Postby Chris F » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:01 pm

........and apologies for the accusation that you "took" it?
Chris F

Postby Underdog » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:22 pm

...................and "thanks for taking the time to post on here searching for the owner" ?
...................and "maybe we could come to you to collect it, if our limited opening hours don't suit you" ?
Godrevy; Just like surfing. but smaller (and without the power)
Underdog

Postby REO » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:13 pm

I'd chuck it back in the sea.. rude twunt :shock:
Spent most of my life surfing...wasted the rest
REO

Postby henryg » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:57 pm

surfdude2222 wrote:Hi,

If he took you board without good intentions he wouldn't be posting on here trying to find the rightful owner would he, you cock? How about you say thank you and keep an eye on your shit next time eh?
STOP...... Hammertime
henryg

Postby Underdog » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:27 pm

surfdude2222 wrote:MR UNDERDOG,

Please don't comment on something you know nothing about. The board was TAKEN off the beach whilst I was doing a lesson. It wasn't washing around or floating out to sea. It is a rescue board which by law I have to leave incase of an emergency. So the fact the gentleman TOOK it could have put me in a difficult position if one of my students had got into trouble. If he had had a look he would have seen me in a bright red vest in waist deep water with 4 students in white vests opposite the board. Proper surfers know this and not MAGICSEAWEED lets go surfing its says 5 stars kooks.

According to the PM i received Mr Surfdude begs to differ !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loving the "which by law I have to leave...............".
Which law is that, then? Surf School Act 2009?, Use and Misuse of Beaches Act 2004?, Rescue Craft (consolidation) Act 1894? Hopefully a "proper surfer" will be able lo enlighten me.
Underdog

Postby surfdude2222 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 pm

WOW, think you guys are a little too into touching each other up via MSW .... I had to join to communicate with the gentleman who has my board and you seem to think its better to write comments on here rather than get on with your awesome lives. Deleting myself now as this is boring ... good luck finding something else to entertain yourselves with.... and whats with the smily faces, are you 12 ??
surfdude2222

Postby clintsurfeast » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 pm

To all those not directly involved with the actual surfboard reallocation literally stop, take a quick breather, and look at how sad you all look, none of you know the actual situation, you are all just speculating on what might have happed while you sit in your office chairs somewhere away from the sea (I’m sure your boss is stoked this is what he’s paying you for). This speculating and arguing talking about stuff not really related to surfing (although it’s on a blog on magicseaweed so I must comment cos that’s what cool surfers do shaka, bra, yea) is pathetic and you are all just as sad as the 40 year old virgins who sit at home and spend 15 hours a day on call of duty. Here’s an idea get out more, get in the surf, quit bitchin n please stop tonguing each other.
Jeeze its cringe worthy.
And I do have a connection to the board going missing before anyone asks as I was surfing that day and know the owner of the board and business. Before anyone asks 

Clint
clintsurfeast

Postby roberdy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:30 pm

clintsurfeast wrote:And I do have a connection to the board going missing before anyone asks as I was surfing that day and know the owner of the board and business. Before anyone asks 

Clint

Clint thanks for joining up with this contribution, indeed I see that you must have a very close relationship to surfdude2222 as you are posting from the same IP address. Now you are either son, father, partner or the same person but as moderator I do take a dim view of people making multiple accounts with the express purpose of trolling so have a think about that and decide if you want to continue along these lines.

This forum has members from a wide range of professions, including the RNLI, I'm sure that if there are legal discussions to be had you will receive plenty of helpful opinions, that's what forums are for. It does seem that the OP created this thread to find the owner of said board, which appears to have been successful, it also sounds like the OP genuinely picked up the board thinking it was lost, that being the case perhaps a thanks to him might well be in order regardless of any other posts by any other people on this thread.

If the thread continues going downhill I'll lock it and move it to Caught Inside, Davy Jones Locker for crap threads.

Thanks Mod.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Steviesee » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:15 pm

clintsurfeast wrote:To all those not directly involved with the actual surfboard reallocation literally stop, take a quick breather, and look at how sad you all look, none of you know the actual situation, you are all just speculating on what might have happed while you sit in your office chairs somewhere away from the sea (I’m sure your boss is stoked this is what he’s paying you for). This speculating and arguing talking about stuff not really related to surfing (although it’s on a blog on magicseaweed so I must comment cos that’s what cool surfers do shaka, bra, yea) is pathetic and you are all just as sad as the 40 year old virgins who sit at home and spend 15 hours a day on call of duty. Here’s an idea get out more, get in the surf, quit bitchin n please stop tonguing each other.
Jeeze its cringe worthy.
And I do have a connection to the board going missing before anyone asks as I was surfing that day and know the owner of the board and business. Before anyone asks 

Clint

Wow! What a cock... takes a lot to rattle me too.
Steviesee

Postby Underdog » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:35 pm

surfdude2222 wrote:and whats with the smily faces, are you 12 ??

Nah.. 59.......... is that a problem?

And what's with the.........nodding heads in your ad ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,are you 11 ??

And maybe you ought to have a word with the instructor 3rd from left at the top .................. looks suspiciously like "that’s what cool surfers do shaka, bra, yea"

:lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: :-D :-D :-D :-) :roll: :wink: :roll: :wink: :lol: 8) :!: 8) :? :shock: :o :twisted: :-( :evil: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-| :P :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Underdog

Postby makkattack » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:48 pm

:lol: :lol:

Thread of the year entry, surely?!
makkattack

Postby swiggy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:03 am

roberdy wrote:
Clint thanks for joining up with this contribution, indeed I see that you must have a very close relationship to surfdude2222 as you are posting from the same IP address. Now you are either son, father, partner or the same person

:laughing3:
Hi Clint, its 2012, welcome to the internet, you must be new here.

Isn't this something like the 10th time this year some business has made multiple accounts on here to back up their adverts/opinions/comment on their own posts (might be a stretch to say this is a business thing, but whatever). Its terrible PR, more people read these forums than you think and its pretty visible in google. If your going to be dishonest about trivial shit then why would somebody want to spend money with you, hardly seems trustworthy eh?
swiggy

Postby swiggy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:25 am

Bet this guy's thought process went something like, "hey I've got a great idea, I'll register another account to throw out some abuse and back myself up and it won't be connected to my shop/school, and it will make me look better that somebody agrees with me. They will all fall for that for sure. Why has nobody ever thought of doing that before?"

I think the guy who found the board should toss it at the tip, you have been a total dick to him when he has tried to be helpful and honest...
swiggy

Postby Poo Stance » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:07 pm

You gotta love the interweb :lol: :lol:

I honestly can't see much wrong with Mr2222 1st 3 posts. He said 'Hi, please and thank you'. 'Thank you' quite often actually. Maybe it's because I is a twunt too that I'm finding it hard to see what he's done thats so wrong. I mean, Mr Blowin did 'take' the board essentially, although there seems to be some confusion as to if it was in the sea or on the beach. Are you guys 100% you're talking about the same board?

Post everyone throwing their toys out though, I'd have to agree whoever is officially or unintentionally representing the surf school is doing a horrendous marketing job. As said, this shit sticks and is now out there for your customers to see, insulting your target market is either a very bad or genius strategy.

Although the initial response you had, Mr2222, may or may not have been warranted, responding unprofessionally yourself only reflects badly on your company. In fairness you probably aren't considering how your actions are now influencing peoples perception of your company, but ignorance is not an excuse. Please don't take this as me having a dig. In the end I'm writing this crap because I don't want to see people's income effected by naivety.

As for the double IP stuff. I ain't no webmaster, but maybe they are using the work computer? Mr2222 told his colleague MrClint about said internet conversation, and in a storm of unprofessionalism they both decided to become internet warriors for the day. Probably felt right at the time, it's hard not to get defensive when folks are having a dig. But on reflection hopefully you two will realise that you are still missing a surfboard and the reputation of your business has been damaged. If only somewhat slightly, but totally unquantifiably.

Hopefully MrSmelly will get involved to vouch for Mr2222 and MrClint and this doesn't need to turn into a massive f*ck up and maybe even something positive for your business.

Again, not meaning to be rude, offensive and maybe only mildly patronising. Remember, this is the internet where freedom of speech still exists, partially.

My advice would be to either walk away now and say no more before this reflects even worse on your business, or get someone in an official capacity to distance the company from the views and opinions of one of it's employees and friend. MrClint may think he's sticking up for his mate but by association you are making your friends business look bad.

Anyway, pulling my nose out now...
Poo Stance

Postby surfdude2222 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:52 pm

Mr Poo Stance,

Thank you for a grown up view on all this. Privately myself and Mr Blowin have sorted the board situation which I now have back in my possesion and I siad thank you to him. We had a very civilised conversation. I will admit that out of anger I reacted badly to others that got involved but couldn't see how it was anything to do with them. Also I have not made up another fake name to try and have a go at people the IP address is an open network at a location ( obviously wont name ) and the other gentleman wrote off his own back similar to others who had done the same. If anybody wants to dispute this then I am willing and able to prove this but Im hoping no ones that pathetic.

Hopefully this is the end !!!!
surfdude2222

Postby clintsurfeast » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:15 pm

I think everyone needed to apologize to surfer dude here as this axially a different person using an open network. But yet again well done on magic seaweed forum you are all proving a very important point

Clint
clintsurfeast

Postby Powl2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:43 pm

:lol:

Underdog wrote:
surfdude2222 wrote:Proper surfers know this and not MAGICSEAWEED lets go surfing its says 5 stars kooks.

So this surf school you run... it caters, presumably, only to highly competent wave riders, well versed in "proper" underground surf culture, with advanced skills in oceanographic data interpretation???
Powl2

Next

Return to Caught Inside