Wanted: A long fish

Looking for that special stick? Post an ad in here for things you are after!

Wanted: A long fish

Postby mister-griffster » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Looking for a long fish - around 9ft plus - something like a Vouch Vish / Deepest Reaches Megafish / tyeler warren Mega Fish... something long and glidey
mister-griffster

Re: Wanted: A long fish

Postby Archy_is_God » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:27 pm

There was guy from Finland selling a 10ft Josh Hall a while back on here, not sure if he ever sold it.....
Archy_is_God

Postby nawgy1979 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:35 pm

nawgy1979

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Finlay off here had an 11ftr - think he gave it to Chris F.
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby mister-griffster » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks for the tips gentleman.. i shall release the hounds and see what they track down.. a Finnish fish... a Fishnish?
mister-griffster

Postby wilco » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:12 pm

At the spyder surfshop in Montalivet (France) is a nice 7'2 Josh Hall long fish for sale for 690 euro. They ship boards but don't know how much it is to ship from France to the UK. To holland it was about 80-100 euro.

Cheers and good luck!!

Wilco
wilco

Postby Chris F » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:36 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:Finlay off here had an 11ftr - think he gave it to Chris F.

Sold it to, indirectly. I've not really had chance to get it in the water yet either, needs right conditions I think!
Chris F

Postby pengydav » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:43 pm

I'm going down the south of France at Easter and I can pop in and see Phillipe in Montalievet if you want that Josh Hall fish Griff.
pengydav

Postby mister-griffster » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:30 pm

Thanks for the tip Wilco - another couple of feet on it and I'd be on it.

Thanks for the offer of collection Kev, that's very gentlemanly of you - if it were longer it would be something of interest - if i change my mind however I'll drop you a line :wink:
mister-griffster

Postby mister-griffster » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:40 am

Still looking for something ... A Josh Hall fish simmons, vouch Vish, Deepest Reaches Mega fish... that kind of thing - doesn't have to be a big name, just a big board
mister-griffster

Postby Archy_is_God » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Not that this is helpful in any way but I've seen Ears' 6'10" Kidman long fish a couple of times now and it is a belter of a board - it maybe worth getting hold of Kirk off here to see if he can get his hands on one for you
Archy_is_God

Postby Archy_is_God » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Edit - probably not long enough!
Archy_is_God

Postby Archy_is_God » Tue May 16, 2017 9:56 am

Seasick surf are taking custom Josh Hall orders
Archy_is_God

Postby Archy_is_God » Tue May 16, 2017 9:57 am

Found that old thread. Not 10', it's a 9'5"

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43361&p=439252&hilit=josh+hall#p439252
Archy_is_God

Postby pengydav » Tue May 23, 2017 5:23 am

Contact Fab at Blend glassing if you want a JH he is hosting Josh and glassing the boards plus I could bring it over with mine - quite spendy though, or look at Spyder in Montalivet for stock at around €1100
pengydav

Postby ears » Tue May 23, 2017 9:50 am

Hey kev.. what have got on order?!? I must admit i'd love a longer long fish.. rode a 9'8 which was an absolute rocket but bloody hard to ride! I'd love something around 8'8... Good luck with the search Griff.. I know there are a few larmo's kicking around.. I'm sure one will surface at some point and yes, the Kidman long fish is a real beauty! :-D
ears

Postby pengydav » Fri May 26, 2017 4:59 am

Hi Dom, 10'10" Le Sliviar should be good fun: it's a Thomas Campbell collaboration. on a Skip design but a bit more lively. I may also get a Cali gun 10' - I had a mid-length crisis but concluded that 9'6" and up is my thing although I am tempted to rethink an 8' egg?
Attachments
image.jpeg
Josh Hall Le Sliviar
image.jpeg (38.85 KiB) Viewed 769 times
pengydav

Postby ears » Fri May 26, 2017 10:39 am

ouef! Looks really nice that mate.. I love the idea of a cali gun as well.. I've always wanted a tyler baby gun but its crazy money for a once in a blue moon board!! Do keep us updated Kev! I hear you on the mid lengths.. good to have given them a whirl though. Can't go wrong with an 8' egg.. I think Josh Hall said that! :-D
ears

Postby Archy_is_God » Sun May 28, 2017 9:03 pm

That Mitsven you had down the beach the other day was off the hook Kev, just lovely.
Archy_is_God

Postby pengydav » Mon May 29, 2017 7:14 am

Cheers Tom I really enjoyed surfing it - I think that Griff needs to order one from JH it's not too late.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (114.08 KiB) Viewed 715 times
pengydav

Postby ears » Mon May 29, 2017 1:36 pm

yeah come on Griff... pull your finger out and get a board ordered and then post it on here and we can talk about it.. and the forum will feel like it used to when people used to get new boards and post pics and talk about them and everyone was really happy.. I don't want to suggest you owe it the MSW community but you get the drift.. Griff?
ears

Postby Chinaman » Tue May 30, 2017 2:26 pm

Hiya Pengydav,
How do you find the Evening Star .?
Recently did a trade on one and yet to ride it, be interested to know your thoughts.
Thanks
Chinaman

Postby pengydav » Wed May 31, 2017 10:41 am

Is the board 9'6"? If so you will hate it and will sell it to me. I love mine and seriously will buy another 9'6". My ES has been my go to for about a year and they paddle great, good on glide and top to bottom down the line hotdogging, cutback well and if you manage to score a walled up section you can get to the nose (5) if that's your thing. I use the L flex fin. I haven't surfed the ES for about 4-6 weeks due to trying out new and other boards. I did get back on it during the recent swell the other morning and just thought wow - if you don't love it Chinaman I will buy it - now Griff get on the Internet to JH and buy a board before we digress any further and I end up buying a long Fishsimmons that I could never surf although having said that I did manage to prone it in on a 7'5" liquid shredder so maybe one day I could go shorter.
pengydav

Postby Chinaman » Wed May 31, 2017 6:28 pm

Thanks for the info.
Yes it is the 9'6 , I did email Lovelace HQ prior to to taking the ES.

Hey Matt!

Brad here- Ryans right hand man. If i recall, its Red? Those are rare, I wouldnt hesitate on snapping that up! Ultimate glider for knee high up to head high.

We have an 8'0 we ride all the time that I love. Similar foil as the VB, slight entry hull, and less sprial Vee than a normal vbowls.

Basically, its a vbowls that offers a more stable platform, with a wider nose template and more forgiving rails for easier walkability. It will perform in a wider variety of conditions.

Pair with an 8-9" flexxy or greenough style fin. or for a trippier glide, pair with a 6" lopez style stiff fin.

Hope this helps!
B

Along with your reply I'm glad I did.
Also sanded down a 4a after watching 'modify your fin' .
Ironically I bought the fin off here , pretty sure it was either your good self or Griff.
Can't wait to give the ES a try, I'm away at the moment and didn't want to chance the board with the airlines,
Happier taking a couple of older boards instead.
Thanks again for the info, you will be the first to know if I sell it.

Griff, apologies for sending the post on a tangent.
All the best with your search.
Chinaman

Postby Archy_is_God » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:28 pm

Best thread for a while.... Both the subject matter and the diversion. Keep it up chaps!
Archy_is_God

Postby mister-griffster » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:11 am

you take your eye off a thread for 5 minutes and you get all this smut posted all over it... it's turned into one of those soho phone booths....

Gentleman, seeing as you're denizens of taste and knowledge you have now forced me into a position of needing to order at least 2 Jh's, 2 Mitsvens and a hatful of Lovelace's - so I am going to have to start up a contribution fund.. kickstarter or gofundme seem appropriate. If you'd like to make donations to a worthwhile cause then for your act of generosity I will honour the following:

£10 - 1 smutty board photo and a credit in posca pen on a board
£50 - 3 smutty board photos, a sticker (everyone loves stickers) and a credit in posca pen on a board
£100 - 5 smutty board photos, a sticker pack (if everyone loves stickers imagine how much you'll love a sticker pack!) and a credit in posca pen on a board
£200 - all of the above plus a t-shirt (or string vest if you prefer)
£300 - all of the above plus a loan of the board for a 1 hour time slot of your choosing
£500 - all of the above with a half day loan of your chosen board
£750 - all of the above but with your name laminated into the board of your choice
£1000 - truly honourable donation, you are now a member of the sponsor a lame surfer programme. All of the above - loan of a board for a weekend and some surf wax that may or may not have been used yet.
£1500 - all of the above plus a feature about yourself and your aspirations to be a global philanthropist on some surf blog or magazine in some forgotten corner of the internet.
£2000+ - You are truly a magnificent human being, up there with Bill Gates, Bono, Sting and Elton John - being so generous you don't need any of the tat above - you do it because of the graciousness in your heart. I will honour a special positive thought in your direction as I scream across the face in high line trim on one of the beautiful boards that you've afforded me via the sponsor a lame surfer programme. Maholo. (oh, and imagine the benefit of being able to write this off against tax)

Thanks to your warm hearts and generous souls I look forward to placing orders for some of those stunning boards. I promise for every board that joins the quiver I will look after, stroke it, feed it and pet it and take it for regular walks... i promise, i promise, i promise...
mister-griffster

Return to Wanted