Displacement hull

Looking for that special stick? Post an ad in here for things you are after!

Displacement hull

Postby duc » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:33 pm

I have an itching for a hull but a slighly cautious having never ridden one that it is very different (hard) and some people never get it. I get the feeling that those who do "get it" don't ever want to part with them so this may be a long shot but does anyone have a second hand mid length out there?
duc

Re: Displacement hull

Postby da ghost » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Not 100% sure yet but I may end up having to put my 8'6" Hot Gen up for sale - managed to shut the nose of my everyday log in the door of the van & waitin to find out if it's repairable. If it ain't i'll have to sell the 8'6 to be able to afford a new log :-(

Don't know if it's what you are after but there's a fair few threads on here that will vouch for the quality & user-friendly aspect of the Hot Gen. It was shaped by Tim Mason in Septmber of last year - take a peek at his website for some info & pics if it's not something you are familiar with. There's also some good threads on here about mid-length hulls & some very knowledgeable folk - 'board design' section should help you get your head round the different models & their rideability etc.

Let me know if you are interested & i'll get back to you when i've found out if the log is salvageable or not!
da ghost

Postby slipslide » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:51 pm

The hot generations are real nice boards. And pretty rare.....

Just to put it out there I have 9ft 4 blacker that is his version of the magic Sam/son of Sam kind of a hulled out spoon longboard. Volan wrapped and mint.
slipslide

Postby cproctor » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:15 pm

have a hot gen myself - fantastic board and deceptively fast!

Im not best qualified to speak of hulls (i own one and have ridden a total of two in my surfing lifetime) but theres def hully aspects to it. Id say you cant go wrong if da ghost does move his on. Theres a v-bottom or son of sam (or something like that) thread in the board design section. worth checking out :-D
cproctor

Postby duc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:15 pm

Thanks all, been doing plenty of reading! da ghost sorry to hear about your log! I've been perving on Tim's website for a while - I take it yours is the most recent hot gen on his blog? I would definately be interested if you have to sell. If your log is salvagable I think I'll just have to speak to Tim.

Slipslide been reading about Magic Sam's and they sound pretty hot. I think I'd get in trouble if I end up with two more boards. My other half does on occasion suggest I have to many boards as it is!
duc

Postby da ghost » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 pm

yep, my hot gen is the one pictured on Tim's blog/tumbler 4 months ago - 8'6 clear volan with a jade green resin circle on the deck.

will speak to ding repair man at weekend....
da ghost

Postby da ghost » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:13 am

duc - pm'd you
da ghost

Return to Wanted