rock n roll bed

Looking for that special stick? Post an ad in here for things you are after!

rock n roll bed

Postby dixie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm

need a cheap bed for t4 with seat belts.............fed up of tryin to get me mys n nippers car seat up front.

dont want to av my pants pulled down on the price cuz its a vw......ok turkish :-D
dixie

Re: rock n roll bed

Postby gavtheoldskater » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:11 pm

don't scrimp, you don't need a crash tested one but you do need one from a reliable fabricator. there are some shockers on ebay. lets face it, i could template my one, cut some pipes and weld one up, and i can't weld!

canons forge are generally regarded as good. personally i like (and have) the spacesaver from jds metaltech. i would buy another without hesitation.
a world of waves and a world of ways to ride them!
gavtheoldskater

Postby Ozric » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:20 pm

As previously stated, there are a lot of cheap beds out there. Just depends on how much you value your and your family's safety in the event of an accident.
Would recommend Cannons forge as an option that doesn't come under the tested banner. Very well made and probably the most common bed out there.
Due to their popularity they are now having to add vat to the price, so not as cheap before, but a good bed for the money. Think they come in around £1k, dependent on spec.
Ozric

Postby Chris F » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Can only agree with the above. If you can't afford full crash tested, at least get a metal frame one from a reputable fabricator.
Chris F

Postby dixie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Decided to use the front seats as seats.... From now on bed in rear is gonna be sply a bed....get the welder out
dixie

Return to Wanted