10" Flex fin

Looking for that special stick? Post an ad in here for things you are after!

10" Flex fin

Postby samiad66 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:45 pm

After a 10" Flex fin

Like Velzy Classic, Greenough 4A, or Mikey DeTemple

Thanks
samiad66

Re: 10" Flex fin

Postby slipslide » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:51 pm

Got a 10" joe motion flex for sale. Red lexan. Very similar to the velzy from memory.
slipslide

Postby slipslide » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 am

£30 posted
slipslide

Postby samiad66 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks for the offer Slipslide but I've had my hands on one of those before and theres not enough base in them for what I'm after and they are a bit brittle as well the bolt tab snapped off the one I had. Cheers though
samiad66

Postby slipslide » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Now that has not done my sales pitch any good :lol:. I used it in a 9ft 6 blacker Hynson Redfin insired/influenced board it worked pretty well. i generally like to under fin my board so i switched to a True ames frye fin, which i have to be honest in my opinion is the best fin ever along with the 4a/MD3.
I heard the early one had issues with cracks (i read that on sways i think). Ill have a look in the old box of fins when i get a minute and see what i have, i along with most people i think generally like to keep the 4A style fins. There a popular fin, with good reason i think.
slipslide

Postby samiad66 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Sorry bout that, any consolation theres plenty of fin tab left to re drill and sand back.

Cheers for looking as well.
samiad66

Postby slipslide » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:56 pm

No worries :-D. I'm not looking to sell anything that might break, as I say I've never had a problem but I suggest anyone that is interested googles it and checks it out. I did have a 10 PG fin, no idea where it is though. I vaguely remember giving it to someone but can't remember if it came back. I'm not really a fan of the 10 inch fins, a bit to much fin for me. I do however have a really nice Volan rainbow fin I think it was called the drifter that works great in my v bottom, a real nice twang to It if you know what I mean. Have you tried the greenough stage 6? That's an interesting fin.
slipslide

Postby samiad66 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Thats exactly what I'm after, got an 8' vee bottom running a 9.5" 4A but this slides out too often, pulling the fin back to stop this makes the board very pivoty in turning my thoughts were go bigger (exactly like the old ones you see in Inner most limits - wacking great fins) so I can move fin further forward with out loosing drive or skipping out as there is still enough fin height to in relation to tail width but moves the pivot point further up.

The Velzy classic is typical of the shapes found on these boards but at £78+ a POP too much to spend while experimenting.

Was thinking this - http://www.trimsurfboards.com/product/4 ... ass-fin-co
samiad66

Postby slipslide » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Heres the link http://rainbowfins.bizeconnect.com/?mai ... _Wood.html it was called the cruiser. Really nice fin. My V bottom is the kind of traditional Mctavich Honalau bay time wide arse thick and funnnnnnnn. if its small i still put a 9 MD 3 in it some times but then i like that kind of teetering on the edge of a spin out, i dont take it out in anything big, it sjust not what its made for. But the cruiser might be whAT your looking for. Gav at fin shack whilst not only being a top bloke also has great fin knowledge, might be worth a chat. The stage 6 also goes well in my v bottom. What have you got a hot generation style v bottom. I had a fineline one go through my hands and that had a version of the 4A i believe but with a touch more base. Never rode the board it just went through my hands so not sure how it went.
slipslide

Return to Wanted