so ive got £140 to spend

Looking for that special stick? Post an ad in here for things you are after!

so ive got £140 to spend

Postby bromley » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:55 pm

so ive got £140 to spend on a 2nd hand board,not a massive amount but will do for what i need.is there any shops people etc while looking round newquay to avoid or are they all pretty good with there advice etc. looking for something that's got a bit of float round the 6 - 6,2ft length
bromley

Re: so ive got £140 to spend

Postby defever » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:24 pm

Let's be realistic, Bromley. I'm going to be the bad guy here for your own benefit.

You're 6ft and 15st 10lb (182cm and 100kg). You live inland, the closest beach from you are 1.5-2hrs away? You recently got hooked in surfing. You're teenage (I'm assuming from your wetsuit thread?). Golden age. The world is your oyster. You can do anything.

I don't know what you're using at the moment while you're in Newquay (possibly a rental soft-top 7-8ft minimal?), I think you'll struggle with a board at a length of 6'0" - 6'2", even if it's fuller template.

My 2p for you is to get yourself an old but water tight dead-cheap board well under £100.00 for now. Something like what you're are renting at the moment (given it's a minimal shape). You won't progress with a "standard shortboard" template that you think you will. How many times a year will you be surfing?

Get a cheap board now, and when you know you'll be surfing alot more, then invest your money. While you are inland, you'll need your money to GET to the places you can surf... spend your money wisely young Obi-Wan Bromley.

I have something cheap you might like but I'm couple of hours away from Newquay so you won't even have a chance to look at it. I just hope that you'll get something that you'll progress your surfing quicker, not something to pose with...

After you finish your school, I reckon you'll move somewhere a lot closer to the sea, or maybe go to college/uni near by the coast. Spend your money then. Save it for now.

...having said that I'm sure fellow Weeders will have another advice. Good luck!
defever

Re: so ive got £140 to spend

Postby Philshoz » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:58 am

Wise words............
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Return to Wanted