What to go for ?!? Please help :)

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

What to go for ?!? Please help :)

Postby Joshwesson17 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:26 pm

Hello all
I'm currently looking to buy a new wetsuit, gloves and boots. I don't get cold that quickly if this helps. I have been looking a lot atthe ripcurl flashbomb 5/3 chest zip, also there boots and gloves. I surf mainly in Cornwall in the summer when I have time off work but I want to head to the north east all year whenever possible on weekends because I live in the midlands and don't always get the best opportunity to go when waves are pumping.only reason I have been swayed toward that model is the flexibility of the suit . I know you can get 6mm ones but ideally I want one I could use most of the year without compromising to much flexibility . I thought about maybe getting thermal rash with built in hood for the cold days. If anyone has any advice or knowledge of their experiences of using these 3 products would be greatly appreciated. Also if you would recommend other gear as I'm going to be spending a bit of money and would like to get the best possible stuff for my needs. Thanks in advance , josh
Joshwesson17

Re: What to go for ?!? Please help :)

Postby wheresmonkey » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:57 am

I'm assuming (hoping) that you have tried some wetsuits on??? Best wetsuit in the world won't be any good if it doesnt fit you properly!!!
Flash bombs are good, but pricey! I tried a couple on last year and actually found them really hard to get in/out of! I'm in love with my chest zip dawn patrols (rip curl) at the moment. I have a a 3/2 and a 4/3.
DP's are plenty flexible enough and don't break the bank.
I've never liked separate hoods, but something to consider is the O'Neill mutant. You can wear it with or without the hood. Love mine, but the fits not as good as the DP for me so when it finally bites the dust it'll be replaced with dawn patrol hooded 5mm.
Can't say I've ever had the pleasure of the NE surf, so can't comment on whether or not a 6mm is necessary.
wheresmonkey

Return to Wetsuits and gear