Need Essentials - how they wearing?

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Need Essentials - how they wearing?

Postby morris » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:31 pm

As the topic asks - how are the seams etc?

Seen that they get lots of lovely reviews straight off, but how are they fairing after a winter?
Holding up well or budget beginning to show?

Thanks!
morris

Re: Need Essentials - how they wearing?

Postby Tomdiddlybomb » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:52 am

I've utterly abused my 5'4 hooded this winter, and so far the only real issues are the elastic that pulls down the chest flap getting a bit worn, and the rubbery grippy bit inside one of the cuffs came halfway off and I had to glue it back down. I'll take a small amount of maintenance I can do myself for that price!
seams are still nearly airtight... but I've not felt any leaks in water down to about 8 celcius so that's alright by me
Tomdiddlybomb

Postby morris » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks for the review - think I'm sold. Though realistically, it's too close to the end of winter to justify a new winter suit, so will have to get the blackwitch out again to slow down some of the worst leaks and hope the prices haven't risen by too much next autumn.

(one weekend of sunshine and thoughts of summer start to pop up....)
morris

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:32 am

morris wrote:Thanks for the review - think I'm sold. Though realistically, it's too close to the end of winter to justify a new winter suit, so will have to get the blackwitch out again to slow down some of the worst leaks and hope the prices haven't risen by too much next autumn.

Now is the time to buy your winter suit
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Leven » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:17 pm

A mate has one of these. Basically said it's like a low end model from any major brand. Nothing special at all.
Leven

Postby morris » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:00 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:
morris wrote:Thanks for the review - think I'm sold. Though realistically, it's too close to the end of winter to justify a new winter suit, so will have to get the blackwitch out again to slow down some of the worst leaks and hope the prices haven't risen by too much next autumn.

Now is the time to buy your winter suit

I totally agree if you can pick something up in the sales - these suits didn't seem like they weren't going to be offered at discount prices, so it wouldn't be worth it.
morris

Postby Philchapman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:50 am

Leven wrote:A mate has one of these. Basically said it's like a low end model from any major brand. Nothing special at all.

/\ Except the neoprene is higher quality and all the seams are sealed. Can't comment on wear just yet, but I like mine so far. When I bought it I didn't want anything special, just something that met my NEED, with no fancy bells and whistles, just the ESSENTIALS.

The clue is in the name. :D
Have a cracker
Philchapman

Postby Leven » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Philchapman wrote:
Leven wrote:A mate has one of these. Basically said it's like a low end model from any major brand. Nothing special at all.

/\ Except the neoprene is higher quality and all the seams are sealed. Can't comment on wear just yet, but I like mine so far. When I bought it I didn't want anything special, just something that met my NEED, with no fancy bells and whistles, just the ESSENTIALS.

The clue is in the name. :D

Not sealed very well. Less than a season of wear and his is leaking through a lot of the seams. Reckons he'd never do a winter in it.

And the name is just marketing bullshit.
Leven

Postby Philchapman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Fair enough. I'll keep an eye on the seams then.
Have a cracker
Philchapman

Return to Wetsuits and gear