Turbo wetsuits.

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Turbo wetsuits.

Postby Paul C » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:23 pm

I have been thinking about adding on another 3/2 summer wetsuit as a spare and don't want to spend too much having to rely on pension. Someone a while ago recommended a Blue Rush but the shop in Newquay that sells them doesn't have my size and isn't going to stock anymore as the factory had a fire and they have replaced them with Turbo wetsuits instead.
I looked up Turbo wetsuits online and also looked at the Amazon reviews as they also sell them. It says the thickness is only 2.2mm so I was thinking is that thick enough for summer surfing in Cornwall for someone in their 60s? and would it be strong enough?
I don't know if anyone on here has any experience of them? A few years ago when I was still working I would have bought something a bit more upgraded.
Paul C

Re: Turbo wetsuits.

Postby Black » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Don't have experience of those but the really cheap suits I've felt up are like cardboard. I'd go for a low end known good maker but it'll be another £30. I paid £65 for a 3/2 O'Neil last year, still going strong but I don't like super warm in summer anyway.
Never growing old together...
Black

Return to Wetsuits and gear