The GEAR REVIEW Thread...

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Re: The GEAR REVIEW Thread...

Postby Black » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Vince Noir wrote:galaxy s II comes out on 1st of may !

that said, my gf just got an Ace off her dad..he's got it on contract for £5 a month ! great phone by the look of things

did you let the battery run out completely before the first big charge black ?
The normal Galaxy S was too expensive for me although I'd just missed a deal on one :lol: . There's no £5/month contract??? I'm on £18/month. I was impatient on the charging side of things and my normal "by the rules" self was pushed aside in favour of amazement! It does seem to be getting better as I use it more.
Black

Postby Matt Rose » Thu May 05, 2011 11:05 am

Has anyone used either of these? Was looking at the firebowl but the BBQ looks pretty well made... dishwasher proof etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vde3xGXoXPc
Matt Rose

Postby Archy_is_God » Thu May 05, 2011 11:27 am

No, but it looks pretty nifty. 8)
Archy_is_God

Postby Matt Rose » Thu May 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Archy_is_God wrote:No, but it looks pretty nifty. 8)

Hope its man enough not to rust after being used a few times?
Matt Rose

Re: The GEAR REVIEW Thread... Claw lockable soft surf rack

Postby samozz » Tue May 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Hay Guys

I have just designed manufactured a new lockable soft surf rack called the Claw, it has a steel inner-core to try and reduce theft.

If you could take a look at the website www.claw-lock.com and the product. Any feed back you could give me would be great !

If you are interested in the Claw then use the code bellow it will give you 10% off!

claw18543

Thanks

Sam
samozz

Postby romornio » Tue May 17, 2011 5:34 pm

anyone had any experience of one of these???

cant decide wether to trust it , seems a bit cheap to be any good, dont really fancy putting my lovely gulfstream twinnie in something that cost under a tenner

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Northcore-Surfboa ... 336753e30a

but if anyone can recommend it ,or something simular

many thanks

romornio
romornio

Postby usedtobe69 » Thu May 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Wera diamond coated srewdriver bits, unbeatable.

also,

these are the absolute shit if you need to cut stuff up,

usedtobe69

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu May 19, 2011 9:42 pm

Yamaha 200 Outboards :-D :-D :-D :-D
ATTMFKH

Postby samozz » Mon May 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Hay Guys

I have just designed manufactured a new lockable soft surf rack called the Claw, it has a steel inner-core to try and reduce theft.

If you could take a look at the website www.claw-lock.com and the product. Any feed back you could give me would be great !

If you are interested in the Claw then use the code bellow it will give you 10% off!

claw18543

Thanks

Sam
samozz

Postby flacky » Mon May 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Schwalbe Black Jack... I was fearless through corners this morning! Cheap and very cheerful!
flacky

Postby The Decorator » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:59 am

Okay so all the "dogs bollocks" talk went someway to persuading me to part with my hard (ish) earned $'s and get one of these to see me through the winter (sorry couldn't resist that one).

Had it almost two weeks now and worn it maybe 10 or 12 times probably about the same in hours.

Good: Unbelievably flexible, okay it's only 2mm but it feels more like wearing a lycra compression top than a wetsuit.
Warm. Yep it's toasty. The water here at the moment is around 21c but the airtemp in the mornings is somtimes down to 8c and this being glued and taped is pretty much water tight.
Easily on and offable. Necks not too tight cuffs and legs are good too.

Bad: When I said almost water tight I was refering to a small bit of leakage right by my knackers! At first I thought it might be creeping up from the short legs when prone on board but noticed it this morning when wading out. Only a tiny bit and once wet it dosn't bother me.
Seams. I don't think I'm nit picking here. These aint cheap suits and after only 12 hours of use I don't expect to see this.
Logos. I reckon they could have got a few more on it :roll:

Will keep you updated on further developments.
The Decorator

Postby skimmer2 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:42 am

romornio wrote:anyone had any experience of one of these???

cant decide wether to trust it , seems a bit cheap to be any good, dont really fancy putting my lovely gulfstream twinnie in something that cost under a tenner

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Northcore-Surfboa ... 336753e30a

but if anyone can recommend it ,or something simular

many thanks

romornio

I've used one - attached it to the garage walll....tis totally bombroof and v easy to get a single board in and out. I actually used it to hold two boards - a longboard and fish. Better for one board though as it makes getting them in and out a wee bit easier.
skimmer2

Postby skimmer2 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:44 am

flacky wrote:Schwalbe Black Jack... I was fearless through corners this morning! Cheap and very cheerful!

Schwalbe land cruisers...ridiculously cheap but good for all round commuter and mix terrain use......v heavy though.
skimmer2

Postby flacky » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:31 am

I got Billabong Solution Platinum Airlite 4/3 online for 140 quid. Reduced from 300.

First time in it last night, evening glassiness in mid wales. We were the only ones in the water seeing the most beautiful of sunsets. Stayed warm while all around were sat shivering once the sun was set. Very flexible suit. Weighs 3lb as opposed to my Salomon 3/2 which is 4lb and the suit by which I judge all others.

Wasn't the best of seals round the neck and I got a couple of flushes, but that may have been partly down to me being cautious with all that velcro.

Happy with it. You don't get a whole lot of suit for 140 these days, and the options were Ripcurl Dawn Patrol or second hand. Plenty of bargains out there.
flacky

Postby Vince Noir » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:54 pm

motorola atrix smart phone is now mine 8)

its sick, but dont sync in a facebook account using motoblur, use the android facebook app. if you dont, it imports EVERYONE on your facebook that has a mobile number displayed. same for googlemail it imports EVERY email address you've ever used. plus it eats into your data badly !

as i dont care when people update there shitty little lives and only check it once a day, its easier to turn off all the social network syncing, turn off auto updates etc, and pick and choose what to do on it

stupidly fast load times on programs, screen is amazing, video is amazing, camera is pretty good to
Vince Noir

Postby Justswell » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Thought i'd pick up this thread as me and my mate have just tested the Tiki Mini Mega Mal. This board is hailed as a bit of wave magnet for beginners through to seasoned pro's - having the volume of a mini mal but in a chunkier outline so you can ride it shorter. As a 5'5 beginner chick this was perfect - enough float and stability to make catching everything easy but without the cumbersome length of the standard mini mal. My mate, a 'bigger' chap let's say (sorry James!!) however, more proficient than me, found the extra volume just made paddling into everything a synch. We were both pretty stoked so thought we'd leave our compliments on here!! You can demo it for free at Tiki in Braunton - check it out here http://www.shop.tikisurf.co.uk/Tiki%20M ... 251/online
Justswell

Postby TRoche2412 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:31 am

What do people think of the Quiksilver 5/4/3 Cypher suits? I got one recently enough but havn't tested it in the proper winter cold yet...
TRoche2412

Postby flacky » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 am

Justswell wrote:Thought i'd pick up this thread as me and my mate have just tested the Tiki Mini Mega Mal. This board is hailed as a bit of wave magnet for beginners through to seasoned pro's - having the volume of a mini mal but in a chunkier outline so you can ride it shorter. As a 5'5 beginner chick this was perfect - enough float and stability to make catching everything easy but without the cumbersome length of the standard mini mal. My mate, a 'bigger' chap let's say (sorry James!!) however, more proficient than me, found the extra volume just made paddling into everything a synch. We were both pretty stoked so thought we'd leave our compliments on here!! You can demo it for free at Tiki in Braunton - check it out here http://www.shop.tikisurf.co.uk/Tiki%20M ... 251/online

It says "PU CUSTOM"... How is it custom if it's off the shelf? ANy idea who shaped the one you trialled?

Devils Advocate... ;)
flacky

Postby Chris F » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:49 am

You reckon it's shit viral advertising? If so, fucking dismal effort.
Chris F

Postby dogtowatch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:54 am

/\ /\ 'We got you on SUS you look too obvious' /\/\
dogtowatch

Postby swordraven » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Shill review alert! :)
swordraven

Re: The GEAR REVIEW Thread... Claw lockable soft surf rack

Postby steveo100 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:08 pm

samozz wrote:Hay Guys

If you could take a look at the website http://www.claw-lock.com and the product. Any feed back you could give me would be great !

claw18543

Thanks

Sam

Anyone tried one of these :?:
steveo100

Postby leemuzz » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 pm

"Lokbox grip it" anyone tried thes?
leemuzz

Postby steveo100 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:16 pm

Hey ,
i'm in the market for a new winter wetsuit, i really like the fit of the Rip curl suits and i've been looking at the f bomb (2010-2011 model) . But looking about i've seen some really shite reviews most saying that the suits fell apart in no time at all!! tho most of the reviews have been a few years old. So i was wandering if last years model f bomb was any better or still a big was of money !! It pretty poor if you spend 250 notes of hard cash and it start to leak within a few months .

The other suit i like is the xcel infinti x zip, so i'd be interested to hear any personal good and bad reviews on that too .

cheers all
steveo100

Car key security

Postby arbie » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:38 pm

Just a quick reccomendation, I used http://www.keysinthepost.com/ to get a spare key cut for my VW. I'd spent years lying on ground trying to hiding keys . VW quoted £70 for a basic key that would open the door but not start the car or disable the imobliser. this company did it for £11, you just take a photo of the key and mail them, I was skeptical but it worked a treat. One thing to note don't go for the plastic keys as they are to fragile
arbie

Re: Car key security

Postby wigsy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:48 pm

arbie wrote:Just a quick reccomendation, I used http://www.keysinthepost.com/ to get a spare key cut for my VW. I'd spent years lying on ground trying to hiding keys . VW quoted £70 for a basic key that would open the door but not start the car or disable the imobliser. this company did it for £11, you just take a photo of the key and mail them, I was skeptical but it worked a treat. One thing to note don't go for the plastic keys as they are to fragile

What VW do you drive? How old?
wigsy

Postby skimmer2 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:55 pm

arbie wrote:Just a quick reccomendation, I used http://www.keysinthepost.com/ to get a spare key cut for my VW. I'd spent years lying on ground trying to hiding keys . VW quoted £70 for a basic key that would open the door but not start the car or disable the imobliser. this company did it for £11, you just take a photo of the key and mail them, I was skeptical but it worked a treat. One thing to note don't go for the plastic keys as they are to fragile

Yeah - never bother with the dealers...they see you coming.

Not sure if I mentioned it before......the Northcore waterproof seat cover is really good.
skimmer2

Postby swiggy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Can a high street locksmith not copy a basic key for 3 quid?
swiggy

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:43 pm

^ yes
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby wigsy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Also a sceptic, but I went for it and it worked out after my local locksmith had no blades for my VW... Ordered Monday, arrived Wednesday. Key works a treat.
wigsy

PreviousNext

Return to Wetsuits and gear