Winter Wetsuit advice

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Winter Wetsuit advice

Postby Goal_Machine10 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:38 pm

It's starting to get a bit chilly here in West Wales and my current O'neill wetsuit looks as though it's been through a blender. It only 4/3 and leaks so much there is no point in wearing it.

So time for a new one and I'm stuck between a Rip Curl E Bomb or a Xcel Xflex. Both are at my £200 limit unless anyone knows anywhere cheaper in a size small? Both are 5mm with chest zips.

Anyone with any experience with these suits or suggest a better alternative? Any advice much appreciated, cheers.
Goal_Machine10

Re: Winter Wetsuit advice

Postby wigsy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:27 pm

I'd recommend the Xcel, my Infiniti 5/4/3 has stood me in good stead through west Wales winters.. I'd suggest a built in hood if you can stretch your budget, makes life a lot cosier.
wigsy

Postby marchofthefireants » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Hey mate, not sure if i can do this but
I just grabbed one of these wetties on ebay (Oneill mutant) Its this years model just ones that are blemished and oneill sold onto the shop at a discounted rate(limited sizes though), you still get a full warranty. Mine just has a few indents on the chest and you cant argue with that for £169! Bloke at the shop is sound, think he's in wales to... Thats my tip mate, save some beans for the fuel. Hope that helps
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Mens-2012 ... 1147068400
marchofthefireants

Postby briggfoot » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Having recently learnt the hard way, I'd say go for the one which is the best FIT! And try on as many as you can, different brand suits fit different body shapes better than others.

A lot of people rate the Xcel though, I find about 3 different sizes of their suits ALL fit me as though they were made custom on my measurements.
briggfoot

Return to Wetsuits and gear