Rip Curl E-Bomb Pro 3/2 size, L or XL?

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Rip Curl E-Bomb Pro 3/2 size, L or XL?

Postby eivsemb » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi guys

I'm hearing lots of good stuff about the E-bomb pro these days, but I'm really not sure what size I should get. I weigh about 85 kg and 184 cm tall, so I'm kind of really just perfectly between L and XL. From before I got an Oneill 4/3 and Billabong 5/4 wetsuit, both in L. The Oneill feels very tight but gives me enough movement, while the Billabong feels a little to small. Does anyone know how the E-bomb sizes are compared to other wetsuits? Do you think the XL will feel too big? I would of course go to a shop and try them on, but I live in Norway so I really have to buy them online.

And is there any noticeable difference between the 2011, 2012 and 2013 models? I can pick up the 2011 for £125 and the 2012 for £150, but 2013 models seem to be almost sold out everywhere.. + the colors of 2012 looks better!

Thanks
eivsemb

Re: Rip Curl E-Bomb Pro 3/2 size, L or XL?

Postby gavtheoldskater » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:47 pm

i'd say you are a large in rip curl. the xl at your weight would be quite roomy.

the fit is nothing like billabong, i'd say smaller but then billabong do not fit me at all. good shoulders, but the hips, thighs are super baggy. i often wonder who they make billabong for, i cycle, my thighs ain't sticks.

the difference to the later, 2011 on, suits is that they started to bring in e3+ on the back panel.
a world of waves and a world of ways to ride them!
gavtheoldskater

Postby SST » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:17 pm

I'd say definitely large, I'm 1.83m and 101Kg and the extra large is a pretty good fit, so likely to be be too big for you.
SST

Postby Philshoz » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm

I'm about the same size as you and have couple of ebombs in Large.

When wet they do give so you do not need XL
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby eivsemb » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Alright thanks guys, seems I will go for L. The problem is that I have a hard time finding stores with size large in stock, but many of them do have LT (or XL) in stock. Well I'm 184 cm tall, so just inbetween L and LT regarding height. Do you think the LT will feel too big or will it fit nicely?

And one more thing, what is the difference between E-bomb and E-bomb Pro? The E-bomb pro is actually priced lower to my confusion..
eivsemb

Postby danny1 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Large
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby danny1 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:46 pm

I mean extra large
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby gavtheoldskater » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:14 pm

just to add anorther 2p worth... my new o'neill rg8 turned up this afternoon after i posted my earlier comment. the o'neill large is definitely smaller thatn a ripcurl large, i'm 5ft11 (you'll have to google that to get metric) and i reckon any taller i would struggle but with the rc you could go taller. so for me a better fit, and i also reckon the quality of finish and fittings is way above rip curl. way way above.
a world of waves and a world of ways to ride them!
gavtheoldskater

Postby Philshoz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:57 am

gavtheoldskater wrote:just to add anorther 2p worth... my new o'neill rg8 turned up this afternoon after i posted my earlier comment. the o'neill large is definitely smaller thatn a ripcurl large, i'm 5ft11 (you'll have to google that to get metric) and i reckon any taller i would struggle but with the rc you could go taller. so for me a better fit, and i also reckon the quality of finish and fittings is way above rip curl. way way above.

That is well-spooky Gav. I too just got an RG8 4/3 from King of Watersports (top service there) and totally agree with you about the sizing. The O'neill is snug but beautifully crafted, my first in fact, always bought Rip Curl but at £144 delivered to France it was a bargain (thanks to JoeySpag for the nod). Getting in and out is an epic, frightened of stretching it too much or ripping it.Thought I might dislocate my shoulder the first time I was getting out of it. Had three dry runs and got the time down to a couple of minutes...... :-) Mid-winter exit will be interesting, think I'll just come home and change under a hot shower........ :lol: .......My 2€ worth.
Philshoz

Postby eivsemb » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:14 am

Firstly, sorry for my reply's being posted so late, well I'm a new member here so my posts need to be approved .

I have read and heard so much positive about the rip curl e-bomb pro, many people calling the best wetsuit ever and so on, so I guess it comes down to personal reference when deciding what wetsuit has the best fit etc. Unfortunately I cannot try different wetsuits on, so I just have to gamble and hope I'll pick the right one. I have one Oneill 4mm Psycho 1 or something and I actually wasn't overwhelmed with the quality and fitting, so I will probably get a rip curl this time. This is kind of off topic, but what do you guys think about Xcel? I have one Infiniti and the neoprene and fit is superb. Maybe I should look into an Xcel too, but I just love the graphics of the rc e-bomb.. :) Will probably get the e-bomb in LT, but I will make a quick search for Xcel wetsuits first..
eivsemb

Postby Philshoz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:52 am

Well it is all about the graphics at the end of the day
Philshoz

Postby eivsemb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Philshoz wrote:Well it is all about the graphics at the end of the day

For sure. I reckon the girls will go crazy seeing me with that lime colored wetsuit from rip curl in Morocco this winter.. yaaay
eivsemb

Postby Philshoz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:35 am

eivsemb wrote:For sure. I reckon the girls will go crazy seeing me with that lime colored wetsuit from rip curl in Morocco this winter.. yaaay

and some of the boys.......... :wink:
Philshoz

Postby glamarama » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:13 pm

eivsemb wrote:Alright thanks guys, seems I will go for L. The problem is that I have a hard time finding stores with size large in stock, but many of them do have LT (or XL) in stock. Well I'm 184 cm tall, so just inbetween L and LT regarding height. Do you think the LT will feel too big or will it fit nicely?

And one more thing, what is the difference between E-bomb and E-bomb Pro? The E-bomb pro is actually priced lower to my confusion..

The pro is NOT fully tapered. So it is lighter but I find doesn't keep you as warm. That's why it's also slightly cheaper.
glamarama

Postby kelvin-strike » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:58 pm

I'm about to buy a new wetsuit and thinking of a e bomb pro. I'm 5'6 62kg and 38 chest, was thinking about a MS, but my weight is under? Any ideas

MS 5'6"-5'8"(169-174cm) 140-160lb(64-73kg) 38"-40"(98-103cm)

Are there any reviews about this wetsuit, the only reviews i can find are from retailers which all say the same sales crap. I want to know what they are like from people who wear them!
kelvin-strike

Postby kelvin-strike » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Anybody able to help with this. Thanks
kelvin-strike

Postby spaddywaddy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi Mate,

I would go for a small. I am about the same dimensions as you, but i have a 39 inch chest. I fit tino a small in the 3/2mm in the chest zip in a rip curl. The neoprene is really stretchy so it allows for my big chest.
spaddywaddy

Postby kelvin-strike » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:59 pm

So you wear the Rip Curl E Bomb?
kelvin-strike

Postby spaddywaddy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:49 am

No i wear the dawn patrol, but i tried on the E Bomb pro and it fit me just the same as the cheaper dawn patrol wet suit. I just went for the dawn patrol because its cheaper. Check out the E bomb here mate

http://store.magicseaweed.com/Rip-Curl- ... tem/21931/

I was made redundant a few months ago, so had to cut back on expensive wetsuits. :( This Dawn Patrol thing is great and is just as good as any top range wet suit i have owned! It warm and flexi and it has a chest zip.
spaddywaddy

Postby kelvin-strike » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I dont like that colour in the E bomb though. Just want a plain coloured wetsuit. Cant see that Dawn Patrol wetsuit in MSW store? Do they sell it?
kelvin-strike

Postby spaddywaddy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:07 am

spaddywaddy

Postby kelvin-strike » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:11 am

The epic doesnt have a chest zip? Looks like a nice wetsuit. Its the cheaper end of the range and would rather spend good money on a quality wetsuit. Any other suggestions?
kelvin-strike

Return to Wetsuits and gear